Monday, May 25, 2015

Pat's Visit - Day Three

Pat and Lar on the Wilmington waterfront (Brandywine Creek) outside the Drop Kick Restaurant

Where does the time go?  Today begins Day Three of "Pat's Visit to Delaware."  I didn't even finish posting about Day One.

Let me finish now before Pat emerges from the Casa Tipton-Kelly Guest Bedroom.

After the rather "mixed" vegetarian lunch at the Drop Kitchen restaurant on the Delaware waterfront, we three (me, Lar and Pat) went back to Lar's home for a visit.  I wanted to show Pat the nice, cozy neighborhood that Lar and his family reside.  

Liar with "Sarah" in his home office - we have invaded his space

After that brief visit we bee-lined it to Christiana Mall (the only mall of significance in Delaware, little state that we are) and to the Apple store.  I wanted to check out the Apple watches.  

Pat and I in from of the Apple store at the Christiana Mall in Wilmington, DE 

We went, I checked, and I purchased.  The Apple store didn't have any iWatches in stock so I had to order mine on line.  But I'm glad I went to the Apple store to check out the iWatches in person.  I'm going to be the coolest hotel front desk agent in Lewes with my iWatch when I return to work, at least for a while. 

Me (on the right) with the "Doug", my assigned Apple store salesman 

I always enjoy visiting the Apple store.  So far I've been to the Apple stores in Philadelphia, Toronto and now Wilmington. That Steve Jobs, now he knew how to create a customer friendly and effective and efficient business model.

Pat and I then dropped of Lar (dropped kicked him more like it) at his cozy residence in Radnor Run.  Then we headed south to LSD in our rented, black, smells of smoke, Chevy Impala car.  Enterprise fell down on this one folks, the car was dirty on the outside too.  I guess we should have a made a fuss at the train state and demanded another car but they were so busy we didn't think it was worth it.  We washed the car yesterday.  I also defumigated it.  Still smells like smoke but not as strong.

We arrived at Casa Tipton-Kelly. Pat and Bill chatted a bit then I don't remember what we did.  But later on in the evening Pat and I went to Milton for dinner at the Modern Mixture Too restaurant.  We decided not to fight the Memorial Day Weekend Mob in Rehoboth Beach (we did that last night which I will write about in my next blog) and opted instead for a stress free ride and free parking (Rehoboth is $2.00 an hour). 

Guess who at Modern Mixture Too in Milton

Pat just got up and we're ready for another day of adventure in the wonders of southern Delaware on this holiday weekend. 





17 comments:

  1. Hey Ron - thanks for ordering the terrific weather. Just great to get to a slower paced lifestyle for a change. Lower Slower Delaware is a nice break from a sometimes Traumatizing Toronto. Great food places here to at reasonable prices. The car rental is pretty darn cheap too. All is good.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey everyone, lest it seem like I'm leaving comments to myself, Pat is my houseguest now and left this comment on my MacBook Pro computer under my sign on. Hope that clears the confusion. I'm self-centered but not THAT much (smile).
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Anonymous1:45 PM

    Hi, Ron. If I were you, I would go ahead and lodge a complaint about the smoky interior with Enterprise, lest they try to blame YOU for it and charge some outrageous cleaning fee. But I'm a worrier, and a pessimist. Hope you continue to enjoy Pat's visit! ~~~ NB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NB,
      Pat did call Enterprise and tell them about the smoky interior. They said "Don't worry about it." He also told them about the "crunching" sound the front wheel makes when he turns. We took it to the Enterprise location in Rehoboth and it turns out there is a fine line crack in the left front fender in the wheel well. It was there when we left Enterprise in Wilmington. The Rehoboth Enterprise manager said "Don't worry about it and if there is a problem when you turn the car in have them call me." Hopefully we're all clear on this and Pat doesn't encounter any problems when he leaves tomorrow evening.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. Ron,

    Where we ate lunch was the Drop Squad Kitchen inside Molly's Old Fashioned Ice Cream (homemade). Molly's daughter runs the vegan kitchen. It was not the Drop Kick Restaurant. Also, I live in Radnor Green, not Radnor Run. I wish you guys had been able to stay a little longer and seen some more of this area. Looking forward to coming down Wednesday.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lar,
      Thanks for the corrections. For some reason I keep thinking what I got was at the "Drop Kick Kitchen" because my falafel sandwich tasted like it was previously used to score two points after a touchdown. It was THAT dry and tasteless. But I'm glad you and Pat fared better than I. Also, I"m not used to drinking warm smoothies. Not room temperature, but WARM. Strange place this Drop Kick . . . . . . were "Drop Squad Kitchen. I hope they find out how to make a better falafel sandwich. At $9.95 per, they ain't cheap.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. You are having WAY too much FUN!!! HAHAHAHA
    So good to see you out and about, and with PAT and LAR! YAHOO!!!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,
      I actually feel guilty because I am having way too much fun, even hobbling around on my healing leg.
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Hey, Ron, you're way cooler than I am, because I don't even know what an iWatch is.

    Glad you and Pat are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,
      I didn't think I needed an iWatch but after seeing them, I HAVE to have one. Of course I don't need it but hey, my hour glass is just about run out and who am I going to leave my $$$$$ to anyway? I might as well enjoy what quality time I have left.
      Ron

      Delete
  6. Ron, from the above it looks like Pat has taken your lap-top back to Canada with him. I think you'd better go up there to retrieve it.

    Did you give Apple Doug a tip? Mine would be "Try growing a beard!" - even though he already looks rather nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      Nope, Pat had to use my MacBook Pro lap top which is in the guest bedroom. It's signed on to my name. He left the comment under my name.
      So you like "Apple Doug?" (smile)
      Ron

      Delete
    2. Only 'cos he looks a suitable subject to gain from having 'facial sproutings', Ron.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous12:37 PM

    Hi, Ron. I just noticed your banner, and I think it should be "times" instead of "time". No need to publish this comment, as I don't want to seem like the grammar police (LOL). Take care of your leg and hope you are having a blast with Pat. ~~~ NB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks NB, I'll correct it.
      Ron

      Delete
  8. You're talking to yourself now, Ron? (oh, it's likely Pat.)

    Well, just don't let Enterprise charge you for smoking in the car!!!

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy,
      You guessed right, Pat left his comment via one of my computers (the one that is in the guest bedroom where he is staying).
      We advised Enterprise about the smoky car. Thanks!
      Ron

      Delete