Thursday, April 30, 2015

Throwback Thursday - Birthday Boy 2005

Me and my friend Sheila at my 64th birthday party at the Brickside Grill, Exton, PA - 2005

Oh where does the time go?  It seems like only a few years ago when my friend Sheila helped me celebrate my 64th birthday.  Actually, this picture was taken November 9, 2015; ten years ago.  Ten years?  What happened to the last ten years?

This photo was taken at the Brickside Grill in Eagleview, Pennsylvania.  I used to the Brickside Grill every Wednesday night for Trivia Night.  Loads of fun with my friends Carole, Sheila and a changing cast of friends, whoever was available on a particular Wednesday night.  I miss those times.



I wonder where I'll be ten years from now?

10 comments:

  1. Time flies when we are having fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can say that again David.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Hopefully right there in Delaware, with Bill nearby, Bloggerpalooza-ing!!!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too Jay.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. It's frightening but In 10 years time chances are you'll be looking wistfully back at where you are right now, wanting to return to today. But so it is for just about every one of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      Write it down, ten years from now I'll be just a memory. My father lived to be 80 years old. My Mom 86 years old. I figure I'll be lucky if I reach 77 years old. Prostate cancer will be my demise.
      Ron

      Delete
    2. Well, that's telling it like it is, Ron. You may well be right (and it could equally as well apply to me), but diplomacy led me to choose a more palatable option - assuming that you'll be having good health at that future time, unlikely as it may seem right now.

      Delete
    3. Ray,
      I sincerely hope I am wrong. But I have a feeling and have had it for quite some time that that is my fate. I'm setting the marker down now just for the record. This is one time I hope I am wrong.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. I can feel your smugness all the way out here with this one you are thinking in ten years you will be dead but I predict you will bury us all I am certainly looking forward to you burying me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,
      It is my wish to live another good twenty years. Of course you know I'm using reverse psychology by constantly harping on my "imminent demise." But if fate has an early exit in store for me, all I ask is that I do not die alone. I saw that happen to The Cajun. When I go I want someone nearby, I do not want to be alone.
      Ron

      Delete