Tuesday, April 14, 2015



Pat, Spo, me and Someone at the Canadian National Exhibition last August

This morning I made my reservations for my annual end of summer trip to Toronto, Canada.  I got a good rate too! Under $300 for a round trip!


Downtown Toronto (photo taken by Pat)

Last year was my first trip to Toronto since Bill and I spent our honeymoon traveling through Canada in 1965. In that year we visited Toronto, Montreal, Quebec and Ottawa. I never thought I would visit Canada again in my lifetime until I met Pat a year and a half ago in August of 2013.





The above video was Day Two after I met Pat in August of 2013, when he drove down from his home in Toronto, Canada to Rehoboth Beach to get his old time photo made with me. You know me and my old time photos. By the way, he's coming down again this year as soon as my leg heals, so we can do another old time photo with our friend Larry Meredith. This was the first "Ron and Pat" videos. The beginning of a You Tube tradition!


Pat, Larry and me at Old Time Photo last year - we get a new photo this June

Pat and I do three trips a year.  One in January to Los Angeles.

The second one at the beginning of summer in Rehoboth Beach.

And the third trip to Pat's home in Toronto to celebrate the end of summer.


Pat's minimalist home in Toronto, Canada

I love Toronto!  What a pleasantly surprised to discover that Toronto is a very diverse city of many different types of people.  White, black, yellow, brown. Different religions, ethnicities and and cultures and I didn't feel the "you're different, you don't belong here" vibes that I feel in most places here in the country of the land and free, the United States of America.  The only exceptions (for me) where I didn't feel this animosity from most of the regular, "family type" white folks was Provincetown, Massachusetts and this past January in Los Angeles, California. 


A typical neighborhood Toronto street - Toronto isn't all skyscrapers and film festivals
Pat gets around in Toronto on his bike.  Actually a lot of people of all different demographic backgrounds traverse the heavy Toronto traffic with bicycles. Not me though. Way too dangerous. I don't plan in having any more accidents for a long time, thank you.


Pat helmeted up and ready to travel the clogged Toronto streets
Last year we met our friends Dr. Spo and Someone from Phoenix, Arizona during our end of summer holiday in Toronto.  Unfortunately, we won't be meeting this year because of scheduling conflicts.  We will miss their delightful company, especially when riding the rides at the Canadian National Exhibition and screaming like little girls.



Pat and I will just have to manage on our own to have a good time without Dr. Spo and Someone.
We can do that.  Look for the Ron and Pat videos on You Tube.  You know they're coming!



10 comments:

  1. Very cool! I think my fall trip will be back to England to see some blogger friends and a couple others from my pre-out life!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,
      I so envy you! We're tentatively planning our trip to England next spring. Take a lot of pictures and post them to your blog.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Summer's coming up in 3 months. I hope to follow you on two-legged adventures then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geo.,
      I think in another month both legs will be full operative and I will begin this year's adventures.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. Hey Ron - great about your flight price. The Ex will be open (Canadian National Exhibition) and we're bound to try a few new rides. I really wish Spo and Someone would be with us - that was a full and fun day we had. I got to do some simple hosting, coffee at the Distillery District and then an impromptu suggestion by you to go to the CNE. Fingers crossed that the weather will be similar to last visit.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      You were the perfect host on that perfect summer day last August when we met those perfect guests, Dr. Spo and Someone. Oh how I wish I could repeat that experience. We did have a wonderful time. If only we could have spent more time together like going to the top of the CN tower and did the Edge Walk. I do think we could have talked Someone into that feat. I know Dr. Spo would do it. He's always complaining about leading a "dull life." After doing the Edge Walk he could no longer make that claim. At least do the zip line.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Video 1 - Pat, when is it due? (Pretty soon, from the looks of it.)
    Video 2 - Dr Spo, I didn't know you were a soprano!

    (So concludes my bitchy comments - for the moment).

    Ron, I simply must put Toronto on my fantasy itinerary tour of North America - along with Montreal and Quebec ('cos I wanna practice my French).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      I can vouch for all three Canadian cities, they are fabulous. Totally unique in their own way and fabulous! I'm trying to talk Pat into visiting Quebec with me. Maybe this time.
      Ron

      Delete
  5. I love planning trips almost as much as traveling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David,
      I love having something to look forward to like a trip. Once you have nothing to look forward to, you might as well die. I love adventure, especially when taken with someone I like.
      Ron

      Delete