Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve

Me getting ready to visit my friends Bill and Janet and their family - Christmas 2003

Tis Christmas Eve already folks, and nary a mouse is scurrying around the house (I hope not!)  

Last night was a little busier that usual at the hotel.  Room heater not working, no WiFi signal, where to park . . . the usual.  Kept interrupting my nap time (not serious hotel owner if you're reading this blog). SMILE.

At this time of year I remember years past when I was invited to my old school friend's house for Christmas dinner.  Bill and his wife Janet put out the perfect "Father Knows Best" Christmas celebration.

Opening presents at the Brookover's Christmas Day family celebration - 2003
 

I've included some photos of the last Christmas Day I spent at their house in 2003.  Again, I am surprised at how fast time goes by.  Remembering that Christmas, it only seems like three or four years ago. Eleven years!  I can just imagine where I'll be eleven years form now; probably six feet under in my plot at the Northwood Cemetery in Downingtown, Pennsylvania.  It's ready folks, just a matter of time before I make that Final Appointment.  But for now let's remember fond memories of Christmases past.  


Me with my friend Ruth Brookover at the Brookovers' Christmas Day Dinner -check out my Christmas shirt (I still have it) 2003

Also, this time of year I think of my Mom.  Today would have been her 91st birthday.  Happy birthday Mom.


My Mom, Betty Tipton,  the last year of her life - 2010

23 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Ron, to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A wonderful Christmas to you and your family too Bob!

      Ron

      Delete
  2. Anonymous1:55 PM

    That beautiful Betty smile ....

    ~ Canuck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Canuck. Mom was known for her genuine, warm smile. One of the things I miss the most about her.

      Ron

      Delete
  3. Happy Merry Glad Tidings and all that jazz!

    Sean
    www.idleeyesandadormy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sean,
      My best to you and your family always!
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Ron,

    Yeah, I was surprised when I saw how long ago it was you went to the brook overs. It seemed like just a couple years ago to me, too.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lar,
      That old hour glass is running out isn't it? A "couple of years" all too easily turns into eleven years.
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Your Christmas memories are always appreciated. That's a sweet photo of your Mom. Have a warm and peaceful Christmas Eve,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,
      Your Christmas memories are always appreciated also! I just read your blog last night. We have very similar views of Christmas. You're one up on me though, I never got to sit in Santa's lap.
      Ron

      Delete
  6. Sweet post, Ron. Merry Christmas to you and Bill!
    I'll be alone tomorrow, which is OK. I am going to see the Forbidden City exhibition at the VA Museum of Fine Art. I figured if they are going to be open, I should give them a reason to be. I suspect I won't be the only person there.

    Then I will cook a Christmas dinner, and later on, RB may be coming over (if not tomorrow night, then Friday), and we'll have a second Christmas day together!

    MARRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ps...note that I got rid of the "Jamie". G001e protested, but I won the battle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jay. I hope you have a splendidflourous holiday!
      Ron

      Delete
  7. Merry Christmas, Ron.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you George. Same to you.

      Ron

      Delete
  8. Merry Christmas... and here's to a FABULOUS 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back at you MAC!

      Ron

      Delete
  9. Have a very happy one, Ron. Thinking of you, wishing you well - and everything that goes along with it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      Always my best to you and your devoted feline following.
      Ron

      Delete
    2. I and they say "Ta!"

      Delete
  10. Hey Ron - nice card. A very merry and blessed Christmas to you and Bill. Love the pic of your mom - she looks so bright and with it in that shot. Always loved the name Betty. Wishing you a prosperous, happy and healthy 2015!!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      Thank you. Oh how I wish you could have met my Mom. Everyone loved her. Even at the end when she wasn't quite herself. I think your mom and my Mom had a lot in common. Wouldn't it have been great if they knew each other? I always think of the "what could have beens." (smile) Have a wonderful Christmas Day with your family Pat.
      Ron

      Delete
  11. what lovely photos; you have the best collection of photographs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dr. Spo. I have hundreds (if not thousands) still be be scanned. But ironically, there are huge chunks of my life when I didn't any photographs at all. I missed so many opportunities, especially taking photos of myself with friends, which I never thought of then. Now, as you know, I always try to include myself in the selfless that I take.

      Delete