Thursday, October 16, 2014

Throwback Thursday

Me - Bob White's Motel - Provincetown, Mass - 1974


Busy morning this morning folks.  Slow computer, so this is a quickie Throwback Thursday posting.  I may have already posted this photo before but it's worth posting again.  

This photo was taken at Bob White's Motel on the outskirts of Provincetown, July 1974.  My friend Bob McCamley and I visited Provincetown for the first time (the first of many subsequent visits of me).  

Our original place to stay was a place called "The Ranch" in Provincetown but when we couldn't stay there.  It was just too gay for us (beads around a canopied mirrored ceiling bed called "The Mary Todd Lincoln Room").  Bob and I were just too butch to stay there. So we hightailed it out of P-Town and stayed at the much more masculine Bob White's Motel.  After all, we did have an image to maintain . . . . at least then.


6 comments:

  1. LOL! Nothin' more butch than sitting in the back of a pickup with your suitcase. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walt,
      That's funny! I didn't realize my gay suitcase was in full view. LMAO!
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Here you've got that "Don't mess with me - or else" look. I'd have been keeping my distance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      Back in the day, I guess I affected that look because I was approached a lot, not necessarily by guys I wanted to meet. When I first came out I was a little too approachable and some tried to take advantage of my naiveté. Something I developed over the years to protect myself.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. Ron

    I'm a little bit surprised how lightly the seriousness of this virus has been handled. Especially when a candidate for the disease is allowed to travel an airline with reprocessed air.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if P-town still has any gay allure? The places I used to visit have all withered away; has P-town met with the same demise? I would like to see it nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete