Sunday, October 05, 2014

Sharing Photo Memories



On this beautiful Sunday morning, while others are running 5K races to raise funds for their favorite charity, I engage in my favorite "charity", sending photos to friends. Today's photo sending is from my 55th class reunion which took place a few weeks ago.

This is something I thoroughly enjoy doing.  This time last year I was in Pennsylvania at my bi-annual family reunion. Lots of photos taken there too which I haven't sent out yet. Unfortunately I won't be having any more family reunions.  At least I won't be conducting them.

The last two years we've had an annual Bloggerpalooza at the hotel.  This was a gathering of blogger friends to meet each other in person.  Lots of photos taken and shared.  Unfortunately we probably won't be having any more of those get togethers anymore.  

But with photos I/we do have our memories don't we?  And that's what I'm doing on this Sunday morning, sharing memories.



12 comments:

  1. Ron,
    Life is in constant motion, ever changing. Some changes are for the good, some changes we would like not to happen but life would be boring and static without it. Photos are a wonderful reminder of good and not so good but also of an ever changing world but more importantly your ever changing life. Keep them coming.
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack,
      You do know you're encouraging me to post more photos don't you? (smile).
      Ron

      Delete
    2. Yes but I haven't seen any yet that don't show me something interesting. You do have an eye for photo taking.
      Jack

      Delete
    3. Thank you Jack.

      Ron

      Delete
  2. And, Ron, you are the quintessential photographer with an amazing catalogue!! Lucky the people who receive your memories on "film".

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      Can you imagine what a catalogue of photos I would have now if I had a digital camera like we have now when I was a young kid at 12 years old and starting taking photos? I'm trying to get as many of my photos on line before I exit this crazy world.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. You are so thoughtful and generous Ron! I wish I had taken more photos in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadege,
      Even though I have a lot of photos I wish I had taken more now Nadege, especially of people. Too many scenery photos from my young days, and not enough portraits and I didn't take ANY selfies!
      Ron

      Delete
  4. I very good occupation, that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,
      I love surprising folks with my photo and video mementos. The best way of showing my love to my friends.
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Hi Ron, I agree with what Jack said. Please don't be too sad about losing your old friends but think about meeting new friends. Like thru blogging and Bloggerpalooza last March. It's sad about not wanting to do another one. But I totally understand, it's a lot of work put an event on like that. And like you said. we could do something else later next year. Say what happened to your header picture of that handsome stud with the beard? Your big lawn shot is nice too. One last thing I wanted you to know just because you may not hear from me that often does not mean I'm not always thinking about you my friend. Keep the memories alive. Randy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Randy,
      Life is an ever changing mosaic. Old friends go and new ones come into our life. I'm glad you're my friend Randy.
      Ron

      Delete