Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Just About Ready To Go

Almost ready to go

Well folks, two more days to go.

Two more days until I get up at 3 AM (yes, you read that right, it's not a typo) on Friday morning, August 15th, to catch my ride to the Philadelphia International airport.  

The airport is a little over two hours away from where I live on the very southern county of Delaware.  My flight leaves at 7:29 AM for Buffalo, New York where Pat will pick me up.  My flight is scheduled to arrive in Buffalo at 8:30 AM.  Travel time 1 hour and 10 minutes.  Not bad eh? See, I'm already talking like a Canadian.

I work tonight at the hotel.  Then I'm off until I return from Canada next month.  Whoopee!

I'm almost packed.  See the photo above (taken in my guest room, where Pat stays when he visits) of my necessities that I'm taking with me.  I think I have everything pared down um . . . . five shirts (or is it six), a week's worth of underwear, socks, nylon outer jacket (for this chilly nights should they come), toiletry bag including all my medications (darn, I have a lot of medications), two pairs of pants (one long and one short) a sporty jacket for those sporty nights out (we are meeting Dr. Spo and Someone after all).  I have other items in my "wheelie" luggage which I won't bore you with listing at this time.

My carryon is basically my Macbook Pro laptop computer.  Yes, I will be updating my blog daily (if possible.)  My cameras:

iPhone (of course!)
Canon Powershot (for those "other" photos)
Flip video camera (use your imagination)
Flash drive
Batteries for the digital camera

Hey, my head is getting woozy from all the "things" I'm bringing up.  Oh yes, my passport.  I just received my passport holder yesterday although Pat said I didn't need it (he is a minimalist after all).  

I have a list which I will check  before I leave.  I do have what I think are my boarding passes but just to be on the safe side I'll stop at the kiosk at the airport and print them again.  

Now my biggest problem is my "bathroom" problem.  When I have to "go" I have to "go."  Normally I go when I get up in the morning which is between 6 and 7 AM in the morning.  On Friday morning I will be en route to the airport so I want to avoid any emergencies, especially on I-95.  So what I'm going to do folks is fast tomorrow.  

When you gotta go, you gotta go!

I'm trying to convince my self that a fast every now and then is good for you.  I'm trying.  

So here we go folks, the Big Adventure!

Air Wisconsin - my flight carrier to Buffalo, New York this Friday - looks like it's going to be a tight squeeze

20 comments:

  1. I'd better avoid saying "Go, Ron, go!", but I can't imagine you NOT having loads of fun and a memorable time. You'll let us know ALL the details in a running commentary, please. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      I will be posting daily from Toronto. Guaranteed.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Make sure your meds are in a see-thru plastic zip bag and in your carryon. Don't put them in checked luggage or a usual men's dopkit. Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the cajun,
      Thank you very much for this advice. I was ging to put my meds in my checked luggage (men's "dopkit") but now I will put them in a see through plastic zip bag on my carryon. Thanks again!
      Ron

      Delete
    2. Also make sure your meds are in their original drugstore (such as CVS). LABELLED bottles!

      Delete
  3. And you complained about the small size of my plane to NOLA. This one is half the size!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the cajun,
      It is a small plane, smaller that I expected. I know my ears are going to go through pain with this flight. Thank goodness it will only be an hur and ten minutes long.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. That's it, a puddle jumper. I save $498 by taking this flight to Buffalo and having Pat pick me up there in his Fiat. You want to see small, check out the Fiat. And Pat's worried that his "hoose" will be too small for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ron - didn't know you were travelling on a prop. Nice looking plane. Oh, and if you change your mind while you're up here with 6 shirts we do have Goodwill drop offs. btw - weather has changed again - going to remain as it has been most of the summer here - moderate temps - low to mid 70s. Looking forward to meeting you at Buffalo and then head off to Wegmans! 2 days and counting.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      I will do a (painful) evaluatin of clothing already packed tomorrow and attempt to par down the wardrobe. Thanks!
      Ron

      Delete
  6. You can get your boarding pass in an email and have it on your phone for check in. We did that to fly to Portland a few weeks ago. No papers to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen,
      I printed out my boarding pass from my computer this morning. So coo, U.S. Air sent me an e-mail for check-in. I even checked in my baggage (at $25.00). That should save time and stress tomorrow when I arrive at the Philadelphia International Airport about 6:30 AM after a two hour ride from my home in southern Delaware. I'm getting up at 3 AM for my 4 AM ride to the airport. I hope I'm not like a zombie tomorrow.
      Ron

      Delete
  7. Bloody awesome!!! Such a WONDERFUL TRIP!
    And I understand that Ur-Spo will be there, too!
    Bloody hell. I want to join in on the fun!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,
      Yes! Ur-Spo and Someone will also be in Toronto (no rubbish). We will meet up on Monday for "proper" drinks and chat. Come join us!
      Ron

      Delete
  8. Bon voyage, Ron!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bon voyage! Looking forward to tales and photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Walt. I plan to blog and take plenty of photos every day. Should be great fun.
      Ron

      Delete
  10. The most hectic part of the journey is getting there. I think it's a very wise decision to fast. Once you arrive and get settled there's no doubt that you'll have a fantastic time. I'll look forward to your updates.
    For a moment, I thought that was a photo of me going into the outhouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,
      You got that right! Getting ready for the trip is the most hectic part. But about the fasting . . . . I'm hungry right now (it's 10:40 AM). I think I'll have a nice lunch and then not much tonight. I just don't want to have an "emergency" en route. This time tomorrow I'll be safely landed (I hope) and one my way to Pat's hoose in Toronto.
      Ron

      Delete