Thursday, July 31, 2014

Toronto - Here We Come

A selfie of Pat and his friend "Rob" last night

Just finished talking to Pat on FaceTime.  Only two weeks to go until I fly the Big Bird north and land in Tornonto (via way of Buffalo, New York).

Pat laid down a "Vegan Challenge" to me: only eat vegan while I'm in Canada.  You know folks?  I think I can do that without too much sacrifice.  I'm pretty much doing it anyway now. 

Cherry tomatoes freshly picked (about 1/2 hour ago) from my compost pile tomato plant


Pat wasn't sure I would be able to manage two weeks without meat or dairy products.  You know what folks?  I think I can do it!  Oh yes.  

I just made a fresh tomato/cucumber/red onion salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing.  Wow!  SOOOOO GOOD.  

When I make good food like this I think of all those years I ate processed food junk.  All that trash in my body.  It's a wonder I made it this far. Not that I don't have problems but it's a wonder I'm not worse for all the chemicals and preservatives I've ingested just so food manufactures can have a long shelf life in the food stores to make MORE money.

By the way, I told Pat that the selfie he took last night with Mayor Ford cutout looks so real.  




8 comments:

  1. Ron

    Did you notice Rob's got private satellite receptors attached to his head to keep abreast of important upcoming developments occurring in Toronto. But seriously - why the people love him is his wanting respect for the tax payer.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      I noticed Rob's "antennas". Next time check the background first. Of course there will be a "next time".
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Have a GREAT TRIP!!! and as for Rob...fucking crack addict that people won't push aside as a crack addict. So sad for society.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jay!

      Actually I like Rob Ford. Who isn't a crack addict? Well, for one you and I. :) Seriously though, Pat says he's good for Toronto. Unfortunately, Rob Ford, like the rest of us is all too human. Hopefully his stint in rehab will help him with his addictions. Tell you what though, I would rather have a politician who is as honest and upfront as Rob Ford than the Clown Show (mostly today's Republicans) that we have down here in the Lower Forty-Eight.
      Ron

      Delete
    2. Anonymous1:23 PM

      But that's just it .... HE ISN'T HONEST!! Lie after lie after lie, passing himself off as an "everyday" guy but in fact comes from a very wealthy and privileged family. He is in no way capable of doing the job that the taxpayers are paying his salary for so to think he is a champion of taxpayer rights is absurd.

      ~ Phillip

      Delete
  3. is the vegan challenge based on the idea it would be easier to feed and cook if you two ate the same thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,
      Not really, Pat eats out almost exclusively. He just thinks a vegan diet is healthier for me. I tend to agree with him. I've made some small baby steps towards a vegan diet. So far so good!
      Ron

      Delete
    2. Yes it is a more healthy diet. It can not be denied.
      It is very healthy to have no alcohol, no sweets, avoid salt, nothing fried, and no grease.

      Delete