Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pat Gets His Head Shaved

During Pat's visit here last month, he realized his longtime dream to get his head shaved.  During a previous visit he went with me to my barber Gail while I got a haircut.  He asked her "Do you shave heads?"  She said she did.  He said "Next time I'm down I would like you to shave my head."

So that's what he did, he got Gail the Barber to shave his head.  Pat was looking for that Shiny Dome effect.  Guess what?  Didn't happen.  He and both of us realized, that to get that Shiny Dome effect one actually has to be bald.  And Pat isn't bald. He just likes his hair short.  Usually he get an .05 haircut.  By the way, I wish he would let his hair grow a little longer but he likes it very short. And it is his head so I guess I don't have much say.

What both of us found out about shaving the head of a person who is not bald, is that there are bumps and pimples one has to be careful not to cut or shave off.  And then when the shaving is complete, rubbing the head of a shaved person who is not bald, is actually painful.  No more the fuzzy feeling of bristles.  Rubbing Pat's head felt more like rubbing the most extreme sandpaper.

Needless to say, this is the last time Pat get's his head shaved.  He suggested that next time I get my head shaved.  No thanks.  


Pat outside Gail's Barber Shop before the shaving - now folks do you really think he needed a shave?

11 comments:

  1. Pat always looks good, with our without hair! It is so practical in summer, but he's got to wear a hat to protect his skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Nadege. Pat is lucky because he is one of those rare people that looks good with or without hair. Some celebrities are like that. Bruce Willis isn't one. I wouldn't be one either.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Don't know if he has a blog, or not, but please tell him he looks really good with a bald-pate. And, if you do it right, you DO get that smooth baby-ass feeling to the head. But it must be done right. Evidently, your barber doesn't know the tricks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What some men wouldn't give for Pat's thick head of hair but for some reason he's fixated on being bald. Go figure. He was disappointed however, that he didn't have that smooth baby-ass feeling to his head. His head felt like the roughest sandpaper. Not nice. He does look good either way though.

      Delete
  3. Ron - I just need to let your readers know that my agent always gets me big bucks from you for appearing in these videos. Boy - I think I still had a clogged up throat or a bad case of morning voice. But it was another fun occasion down in Delaware. And Gail is really nice and works hard.

    Thanks Ron. Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      You're always a great subject for my videos. Thank you.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. I admire a barber who knows how to use a straight edge. I love being shaved that way. I think I fancy a shave head just once in life to see how it looks and feels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,
      I think you would look great with a shaved head. Some men look even sexier with a totally shaved head and I think you would be one of them.You should give it a try, at least once. Shake things up!
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Didn't Pat want to value and appreciate his hair while he still has it and before it disappears entirely without assistance? I can't imagine dispensing with my own extraneous growth - it's now as valuable as gold. Though I suppose at our stage of life one ought to just give up on creating impressions and just do what you want - something that you, Ron, long ago decided to adopt as your philosophy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      I have to admit I do not understand Pat's need to cut his hair every two weeks back to the stubble. I think his thinking has something to do with his minimalist theory of life. He does have very thick hair, albeit gray. I think he looks good either way but I prefer him with a little hair instead of the totally shaven look. But if I say anything about him not getting his hair cut, he goes out and does it immediately. But as you say, at our stage of life we decide to do what we want and what image we want to portray and I respect Pat's wishes for portraying himself his way. I do like his style though. As for me, I could never go with the totally shaven look but I do like my close cropped hair. I remember when I first started to get my hair cut short my Mother didn't like it. She said "Why would you want to do that? You look like a convict now. And you had such nice hair." Hey, at a certain point in my life I just didn't want to mess with my hair anymore. That's probably the way Pat feels too.
      Thanks for your comment Ray.

      Ron

      Delete
    2. The decision not to cut is helped for me by my having a head that looks on the small side for the six-footer that I am. So, anything to prevent me being called 'pea-head' makes my mind up for me.

      Delete