Monday, June 09, 2014

Pat Hosts a Modern House Tour

My friend Pat of Toronto, Canada hosted his house on a Modern House tour this past Saturday.  I talk to Pat almost every day on FaceTime.  I occasionally take photos of Pat and his house while talking to Pat.  Last week he told me he was "volunteered" by his architect for a Modern House Tour of Toronto.  

Pat has a minimalist house.  He had it custom built a few years ago.  He's very proud of it.  His house (or "hoose" as Pat pronounces it with his Canadian "Eh" accent) is in TinyTown, Toronto, Canada.  He frequently has stranger knock on is door inquiring about his house.  Pat almost always invites them in to "have a look."  So it was nothing new for the organizer of the Toronto Modern House Tour to ask Pat if they could include his house on their tour.

I asked Pat if I can sneak a look via FaceTime while his guests were having a look at Pat's unique living quarters.  As usual, Pat is very gracious and acceded to my request.  

I took a number of photos, too many to post individually so I put them in an iMovie with some cool music.  I love making iMovies.  

So without further adieu, this is the iMovie I made this morning of Pat's preparation (cleaning up) his house for the tour and the tour itself.  I must admit I found it fascinating the looks of askance when Pat told them "a friend of mine if watching via FaceTime."  Check out the expressions of the folks who then looked at me on FaceTime.  It almost looks like they're saying "What are you doing here?'  Funny that.  Just another marvel of the modern age of technology….there is NO privacy anymore.  

I hope you enjoy the iMovie folks but I actually just made it for myself and Pat but I thought some of you who follow this blog might be interested in seeing it too.

Have a great day!

15 comments:

  1. I loved the iMovie and the music! It is always nice to see Pat's smily face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadege,
      I liked the music too! Actually I mostly made the iMovie to go with the music. And isn't Pat a sweetheart? That's the way he is Nadege, a sweet and gentle man with a good soul.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Good Job catching the essentials ........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Ron - what a movie. I'm flattered that you involved me in a Tipton Cinema Productions, DE. The tour itself went very well and it motivated me to get some things done around the house. Like sanding and repainting the porch, repairing the backyard fence with new planks which were absent since building the house, etc. I don't know how many visitors there were but it was steady for the first 4 or the 6 hour open window. And there were people right up to the end - all polite, inquisitive and complimentary. An interesting experience. It's the second year this event has taken place in Toronto. We were 6 houses. And the program is orchestrated from Austin Texas. I met with Cameron Fry one of the directors who flew up to Toronto the night before. It's a great way for people to see what modernist houses can look like in the flesh. Thanks again Ron for all the time you must have put into this production - music pictures and all. Too bad I didn't relocate the computer to other areas of the house for you.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat! And thank you for letting me use the photos I took of you cleaning our humble abode and subsequent open house last Saturday. Your house is amazing and you are very generous for letting so many see it up close and personal. You are one amazing guy Pat and that house "hoose" of yours is too!
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Anonymous5:02 PM

    Loved the music and the photos, I am very fascinated with Pat's house. I am just wishing he would come and clean my house.

    Cindy from Sonoma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy,
      Glad you liked the movie and music. Pat has a fascinating house and he is fascinating. I've never met anyone like him before. He is one unique individual.
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Hurray for minimalist and no clutter !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,

      I agree! I'm getting there but I'll never achieve Pat's level.
      Ron

      Delete
  6. Anonymous8:30 AM

    I liked the soundtrack to the video. I noticed that there were a lot of butt shots in the video. Was this a coincidence?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous,
      "A lot of butt shots in the video? Was this a coincidence?" Uh……no. Pat has a very cute butt. Thanks for the compliment on the soundtrack. I choose it myself. I have good taste.
      Ron

      Delete
    3. Anonymous9:51 PM

      Yes! You do have good taste. I heard ambiient and trip-hop in this particular clip. I'm impressed. :-)

      Delete
    4. Anonymous,
      Pat is a musician too. I am a frustrated musician. I played in high school band (Sousaphone) but that was as far as I went. I wonder what would have happened if I explored a musical career? Same as what would have happened is I pursued an acting career. And yes, I can act but I don't do the casting couch thing.
      Ron

      Delete