Thursday, April 17, 2014

Three Good Reasons To Blog

La Queztalteca - friends through blogging

Regular blog readers will recognize the three handsome men in the newest blogger banner photo.  They would be (from left to right):

Dr. Spo (from Arizona) (keeping you up Dr. Spo?)




Randy From Nebraska (cheer up Randy!)




Pat From Canada (cutie pie)




Three perfectly adorable men who traveled the furthest (or is it "farthest"?) to attend the 2014 Bloggerpalooza.  


Waiting for a table at LaQueztalteca Bloggpalooza 2014

The first man is the famous "Dr. Spo" of "Spo Reflections."  I found Dr. Spo through a link to my friend "The Cajun's" blog "On Transmigration."  Dr. Spo recently posted that he was thinking of abandoning his blog.  Of course he's not going to do that, he has way too many fans.  We would be devastated.  Dr. Spo's postings have enriched his followers' lives with his sardonic wit and useful information.  You're not going anywhere Dr. Spo.


Dr. Spo to Randy "Let's ditch this joint and find a room."

Then there is Randy From Nebraska.  Randy just started to write is blog and is still on is training wheels but making fast progress. Randy's enthusiasm is contagious and transmits easily into his blog.



The handsome and infectious Randy From Nebraska

And last but certainly not least is Pat From Canada.  I haven't convinced Pat to start blog yet and maybe I never will but Pat is a faithful follower of my blog.  But there is one thing I know about this gentleman (in ever sense of the word) from Toronto, he also is a positive force is infectious with whomever he comes into contact. 


The good-looking and contagious Pat From Toronto


There are times when I feel like I'm running out of subjects to write about on my blog.  There are times when I just feel like taking a break. And there are those times (rare) when someone uses something I've written about in my blog to use against me that I feel like just chucking the whole thing.  But then I think "Do I want to lose the friends I've made through my blog?"  The answer is a resounding "No."


Who would want to be friends with this goofball?

Sure, sometimes I feel a sadness when a long time follower is no longer following me.  I wonder why?  Did they die?  Did I say something (again) to offend?  Or did they just get tired of my nonsensical, self-absorbed ramblings?  But you know what folks?  I can't let those occurrences get me down.  I won't.  


Well, some people like me in spite of my many quirks (like what's with the red purse? Matches the shirt?)
I will blog until my brain no longer functions and my fingers cannot traverse this keyboard they are dancing over now.  You're stuck with me folks!



21 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:45 PM

    Ron, who is the guy, third from the left, in the photo " waiting for a table"? He's right behind the lady in the foreground. He looks like an extremely handsome guy. Reminds me of my Daniel. I've always had a thing for those exotic men!!!
    Your friend,
    James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James,
      If I've identified the guy correctly, that is Doug. A very nice guy! You choose well.
      Ron

      Delete
    2. Anonymous10:17 PM

      While Doug is indeed handsome and exotic, third from left behind Sluggy would be referring to Mark, wouldn't it? The man in tan pants?

      Delete
    3. That would be Mark, James. A super nice guy and a very talented photographer. This man is incredible.

      Ron

      Delete
  2. Anonymous2:02 PM

    Well I for one hope you continue blogging forever. I've been going through your blog in reverse chronological order, and have now worked my way "back" to June 2011. One thing that's intrigued me ... is your "manpurse" "brobag" "camerabag" "crossbody satchel" or whateveryoucallit that you seem to have worn for the past 60 years! How about a post on that subject? I bet you can use your humour to make it sound like a Seinfeld episode!

    Anon a.k.a. the Canuck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon,
      I always seem to have some kind of "bag" with me. At work I bring one of my old briefcases. Thanks for the suggestion to post about my "man bags." I may just do that!
      Ron

      Delete
  3. Anonymous4:12 PM

    Mr. Tipton, I have one more request for a blog entry subject (here I go, assuming that you take requests - haha!) If you do, I'd love to hear your opinion on this season's Dancing with the Stars. I've noticed you blogged about the show in the past. For me personally, I'd love to see Maks win with Meryl, it's about time for him to win and he finally has a partner that has the skills. I'm in total agreement with your previous descriptions of Mark Ballas being a 'showboater'. I love me some Nene, but I have to admit her bad attitude with Tony this past week turned me off a bit. But she;s still good fun to watch.

    Are you watching DWTS this season?

    The Canuck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Canuck,
      Sorry, but I haven't been watching DWTS this season (nor last season). Mark Balas is one of the reasons but perhaps the main reason is that I just don't have the time. I should make time. I think I'm missing something. It is fun to watch except for camera hogs like Balas.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. We have several wonderful friends we have met through blogging. If you keep writing, we will keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David,
      I write as long as I'm alive and functioning.
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Anonymous11:52 PM

    Yes, the one in tan pants!!
    James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James,
      Send me your e-mail address and I'll send you his latest photo that he just posted on Facebook this morning. HIs name is Mark and he is a sweetheart as well as good-looking. He's also a father of four delightful children. Baggage my man, baggage. :)
      Ron

      Delete
    2. Ron, shoot me your e-mail!!! I would love to see more pics!
      Your friend,
      James

      Delete
    3. James,
      I sent you my e-mail and a photo of Mark.
      Ron

      Delete
  6. For the record: I did not say to Randy 'Let's find a room". I was only thinking it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,
      Now just WHAT were you saying? Inquiring minds want to know. :)
      Ron

      Delete
  7. Is it some sort of 'rite of passage' for bloggers to dangle before us the possibility that they may stop blogging - or to take a break (because they've dried up etc)? Although you quickly knocked the likelihood down, Ron, you did get me wondering. If I mooted the chance of it happening with me would I discover who my true friends are? But, like you, I'm going to keep on until either I or this computer dies, the latter becoming more probable with each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      Methinks you're right Ray. We recalcitrant bloggers seem to have a propensity for "testing the waters" every now and then. You're on to us.
      Ron

      Delete
  8. Wow - what another great post. Just love the way you write so naturally. Your last words are poetic. " I will blog until my brain no longer functions and my fingers cannot traverse this keyboard they are dancing over now. You're stuck with me folks!"

    Thanks for posting the nice photos of the others and me Ron. You are a generous man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat. Your comments are always very welcomed!

      Ron

      Delete