Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sick

Washed out Ron


Last night when I went to bed I was very nauseous.  VERY, so nauseous that I couldn't go to sleep.  I don't remember the last time that I was this sick.

I finally got to a fitful sleep around 3 am only to be awaken with a "rush"….. I had to vomit.  Yes folks, I upchucked big time.  Even though I knelt at my toilet I managed to blow out my triple berry smoothie on the sides of the toilet bowl, the floor around the toilet and even on my lower legs and feet.  Not a pretty sight folks.

I tried to go back to bed only to get up again and blow out more of that purple Barney dinosaur smoothie.  How much did I drink anyway?

I gag just looking at this photo of Barney

Of course I also had the diarrhea.  Coming out both ends folks. Sorry for the grossness but that's what was happening with your longtime blogger here.  

I was so weak. I haven't eaten anything since last night.  I did drink a small Canada Dry ginger ale which helps to settle my stomach.  I'm working on my second bottle now.  

I drink the little bottle folks, no cans for me

I slept all day.  ALL DAY.  I'm still tired and weak but I feel like I've turned the corner but I still can't even contemplate eating anything for fear I'll throw that up too.

I think the culprit s some Mexican food I had in the freezer.  It tasted funny when I ate it. That's why I only had one.  When something liked his happens I think "What's different"?  This is the only think I could think of.

This "party in my mouth" didn't sit well with my stomach

I really should eat something right now but I'm afraid I'll just throw it up again.  

Hey folks, I have a new appreciated for my friends and acquaintances who are going through medical maladies right now.  This isn't fun, to say the least.

I just want to get back to normal.

"Do these glasses make me look fat?"

20 comments:

  1. Ron,

    How odd. Lois was sick all last night too.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lar,
      Maybe this was a 24 hour flu. I don't know but whatever it was, I haven't been this sick in decades. Awful.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. It must have been that nasty Mexican food that you had in the freezer. It sounds like Tijuana had a fiesta in your stomach.
    Hopefully it won't last long and you'll be better in a few days.
    I remember the time I got salmonella poisoning from some eggs. I don't think I was ever more violently sick in my entire life. Spoiled food can be a Bitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,
      The problem with "Mexican" food here in Lower Slower, is that there are those restaurants who THINK they prepare authentic Mexican food but what they really prepare ti faux Mexican food, or as I call it…..slop. I tried something called "Moe's" last nigh. I've seen it advertised and it looked good but when I ate it, it did have a funny taste. Apparently that was the culprit. God knows what was in it.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. Ron,
    Sorry to hear you're so sick. I cannot think of anything worse than projectile vomiting and diarrhea at the same time. Hope it goes away soon and you're back to normal.
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jack. This is awful. I feel so drained. This is the sickest I've been in, has to be, over 35 years. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Off to bed now (after a full day of sleeping.)
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Geez Ron - being nauseous is so so uncomfortable. It is so draining because you simply can't let yourself relax. It's like having to stay alert in case you have another bout of throwing up. Which the body sure does an excellent job of. But even tho you've only had a little ginger ale, which helps alleviate an upset stomach, that it has stayed down I would think is a good indication of recovery. I wish I could make you well Ron.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      I'm off to Nectar this morning for a healthy breakfast. I'll write about what happened last night when I was asleep. Another "first."
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Some crackers might help too! Feel better soon and hopefully tomorrow will find you rested and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadege,
      I heard crackers also help (Pat told me that). I'm off to a decent breakfast this morning. I think that will help. No grease, only healthy.
      Ron

      Delete
  6. I loathe throwing up: I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,
      I had feeling nauseous and this one I just couldn't get away from. Finally, I think the worst is over.
      Ron

      Delete
  7. Stick with Canada Dry and maybe some saltine crackers if you can manage it. Main thing is not to get dehydrated. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geo.,
      Only Canada Dry works for me when I have an upset stomach. Usually because of a bad cold. This is the first time because of food poisoning. I'm still weak but feel like I'm over the worst. This has been one of the worst experiences of my life.
      Ron

      Delete
  8. It really brings it home when you say that you haven't felt so yukky in, possibly, the entire second half of your life. Oh Jeez! That's GOTTA be big-time B-A-D! Hope it goes as quickly as it came - and that you can say it was so in your next posting. Meanwhile, wholesome and healthy thoughts and wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray. This is the worst since that New Year's Eve in 1963 (I had just turned 21 and could legally drink) that I got so blind drunk and passed out. This was almost as bad if not worse. Only I wasn't drunk this time. I'm quite sure it was food poisoning and I know the culprit which I will write about in my blog.
      Ron

      Delete
  9. How awfully unpleasant, Ron! Most of my vomiting has been through self indulgence. Once on red wine that sp[lashed all over the bathroom walls and once from some dodgy smoked salmon. Your post brought back some horrid ghastly memories. I feel for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul,
      I had bits of strawberries and blueberries that were in the smoothie splashed across my bathroom walls next to the toilet. I don't ever remember throwing up that bad…….ever. Once in 1963, when I got horrifically drunk on New Year's, I barfed my guts out but I still don't remember anything this bad. I hope I never have to go through this again in my life. I'm slowly recovering now. I a short while I'm off to a decent breakfast, hope I can keep it down.
      Ron

      Delete
  10. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! you are better off cooking at home. get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,
      I'm going for a healthy breakfast at Nectar in Lewes this morning. First time in two days that I felt like I could get food down.
      Ron

      Delete