Friday, April 25, 2014

Finally Friday

I got my list and I'm ready to go


It's finally Friday!  I just spent the morning transferring the 75 names and 49 addresses from the registered Democratic voters lists that I received last week.  As I mentioned in an earlier post I've been "volunteered" to be the neighborhood volunteer for the local Democratic party.  My first job was to introduce myself to the folks on this list.  

Just what I need, another responsibility.  But the more I think about it I think I'll enjoy this.  I've always been interested in politics (I watch MSNBC all the time just like the good liberal progressive that I am.) I like to meet people.  I like making a difference.  But the question is "Do I have the time?"  I do love my blogging, gardening, taking Bill for rides, taking and organizing my thousands of photos and reading and many other activities.  Plus I have that job at the hotel with I enjoy (most of the time).  

This morning I finished entering all the names and addresses in my computer and I printed out a more manageable list of folks I'm to visit and introduce myself.  But first I have to wash my car.  Won't do to show up in a dirty car.

So I'm off to the car wash and back her for lunch, a nap and then maybe I'll head out this afternoon in the neighborhood behind mind and meet the folks.  Wish me luck!

Me congratulating Delaware Governor Jack Markell on his announcement for support of marriage equality in Delaware



10 comments:

  1. Hey, Ron - I love ya and I really admire your spunk (Dear God, that was only a figure of speech - - nothing nasty was intended).
    BUT - - don't come to Texas, because we shoot Democrats!!! (but I won't shoot you....honest).

    In that photo you look like a giant compared to Governor Markell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,
      I am tall and Governor Markall is short. But I was standing on a step above him. I cheated a little bit.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I am cool if nothing else. At least that's what I like to think. :)

      Delete
    2. you are correct.

      Delete
    3. There's no one else like me Dr. Spo. No one. :)

      Delete
  3. Good luck! I am sure you will have a good time and meet lots of nice folks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadege,
      I met two more people but still not one registered Democrat. One independent and one VERY conservative Republican (by accident). This adventure isn't over yet.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Looks like the clean-cut Governor (who's not at all bad-looking) may have felt just a teeny bit intimidated with you towering over him. But so what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      I snuck up behind him. Several pictures were taken of us together, this is the only one where he doesn't look annoyed at me.
      Ron

      Delete