Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Here We Go Again

Me at BJ's stocking up at the beginning of the last Major Winter Snowstorm

Another major winter storm is forecast for the eastern seaboard.  That means the Delmarva peninsula, that jut of earth that is the location of Casa Tipton-Kelly.


Our backyard after the last snowstorm


I'm scheduled to go into work at the hotel today.  I'm also scheduled to work tomorrow.  You know what that means folks, I may be staying at the luxurious accommodations that our hotel offers our fortunate guests.  While I am fortunate and happy that I have a place to stay when snowed in, I still would rather be at home in my comfy nest.

January and February are months I "just get through."  I wish I was rich like some of my gay brethren who have two or three homes that they can choose from when Old Man Winter puts his hammer down.  Alas, I am one of those gay men who isn't rich but just eking out survival, trying to keep up with my supplemental insurance and propane gas bill ever increasing bills.  Ironically my gas company is called "Poore's."  Appropriate.




Every day is an adventure folks.  

Time for a nap before the latest round of winter weather.  Here we go.

12 comments:

  1. snowing like hell up here; we were let go from work at 10a by the boss. we are expecting 8-12 inches (or snow). perhaps no work tomorrow either!

    take some clean clothes with you in case you have to stay over (and I REALLY think you should). remember the drive home last time - you almost wound up in a ditch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne Marie,
    I'm ready! I've already packed the clean underclothes. I'll wear the same outfit that I wear to work. Stay safe!
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they just changed our forecast to 10-14 inches (of snow)! :(

      Delete
    2. Anne Marie,
      Still no snow down here in LSD. We're lucking out!
      Ron

      Delete
  3. Yah, it's my Birthday today and I am suppose to go get blood work done.
    Snowing like a MoFo out there.
    HA! Ain't nobody jabbing me today.....uh uh....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy birthday Denise! Still no snow down here but plenty of cold wind.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Ron,

    Went out to shovel off the first layer around 1:00 (3.5 inches by my ruler) when Laurel and Noelle arrived home. SPCA closed early. They took over the shoveling. I went out and shoveled the second time at 5:00. level was up to about 8 inches and still snowing. Next time I will shovel will be early tomorrow morning. Temperature is down to 18 now. Was 28 when I took my walk at 7 o'clock this morning. We are supposed to have a low of 2 degrees this week. AccuWeather says some more snow on Thursday and Saturday and Sunday and Monday and next Wednesday.Two months from today it will be spring.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lar,
      No snow here....yet. Plenty cold with major wind gusts (50 mph)

      Ron

      Delete
  5. Ron

    It's been really wintry up here in Toronto this year. And sooo cold. In fact there's been some snow coverage since some time back in Nov. and that ice storm really did us in. It's clear and sunny right now. I think it's been too cold to snow just lately. Must be great for the skiers tho. Always a silver lining.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,

      Never skied in my life. Bill was going to take me once but he never got around to it. Too late now. We have the snow cover now. I hope it's gone by the time of my doctor's appointment this Friday. I can do without the snow, thank you.
      Ron

      Delete
  6. That's a great photo of your back yard. It looks like a Russian landscape - - well, all except for that American flag. I used to love cold weather, but lately I am hating it with a passion. A sure sign that I'm getting old. The freezing weather is supposed to arrive here in TX late tonight. I'll be shivering in bed and dreaming of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jon,
    It's five degrees here now and very windy. VERY COLD. I saw an orange feral cat that the owner of the Inn has been trying to trap (to find a home for) for months now going through the courtyard. He stopped several times to pull up his paws. I know they were hurting him because of either the cold or the salt. I feel so bad for animals, especially cats, out in this cold. I'm glad you're there to take care of your feline friends.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete