Wednesday, January 15, 2014

False Starts

"Just a little off the top"



Out early this morning for a haircut.  Struck out again. This past Saturday I stopped in for a haircut only to be confronted with one barber and four shaggy old men and two squirming kids waiting for haircuts. Unfortunately I'm not like many of my peers my age who have lost most if not all of their hair and stopped going to barbers years ago.  My hairline may have receded but I still have plenty of hair on my noggin regardless of what some of my follicly challenged friends claim. I'll try again tomorrow.  I'm feeling pretty shaggy right now.

When confronted with a wasted trip I try to recover, so while I was down there, Route 1, Rehoboth Beach, Safeway store, I stopped in to buy some of my favorite Doritos Jacked chips.  I haven't been able to find my favorite Doritos for about a week now.  Please God don't tell me Doritos discontinued making this line of chips.  I have Doritos every day to accompany my lunch of soup and hummus wraps.  My lunch just wouldn't be the same without my Doritos.  It seems once I get used to a certain type of Doritos, they discontinue that line.  I hope this isn't the case this time.  

Then all morning my computer is slow as molasses.  You all know my blog posts are spontaneous.  The spontaneity isn't there when I'm waiting on the spinning color wheel to finish.  

I stopped by Surf Bagel for the first time.  I got a veggie wrap.  Just had half of it for lunch.  Awful. Surf Bagel does a lot of business and I'm sure their other offerings are better but their veggie wrap leaves a LOT to be desired.  I couldn't even finish it.  Just another case of resort eateries not quite up to par with other restaurants out of Slower Lower.

Time to go to work today.  Normally I nap before I go into work but not today.  I couldn't nap because I just read another accusatory comment on my "Do Bisexuals Exist?"

Elton John - famous bisexual


blog posting.  Apparently I REALLY stepped on some toes and punctured the oh so sacred cow when I raised that sensitive question.  Hey folks, my opinion….okay?  And yes, based on my 72 years of "experience" as a commenter tried to trivialize my experience as if it didn't matter.  My life matters folks and my experience matters.  I will never apologize or lie about my experience just because it makes someone else uncomfortable with the truth.  This reminds me of that old Groucho Marx quote 

"Who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?"



Relax folks, relax. Don't shoot the messenger.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Ron
    I enjoy reading your posts when I came. You are fortunate to have a full crop of hair. There are a lot of narrow minded and smug opinionated people out there! Good on you for speaking your mind and not being afraid to rock the boat. As you rightly said 72 years gives you the right to voice opinions and give personalised comments based on your experiences. Keep up the refreshing posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul,
      Thank you very much for your comment. As you say, my 72 years gives me the right to voice my opinions and I will continue to do so as well as personalized comments. However, I do and always have had an open mind. That is the reason I blog and start discussions. Unfortunately some feel the need to attack when they don't agree with my opinions. That is a shame. When we differ, we can agree to disagree and I hope all would keep that in mind when they read my posts to which they don't agree.
      Thank you again for your positive comments.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. I stand by my statement Grouch Marx was one the most important people of the 20th century
    Doritos are beyond nasty chips. they are love objects. Oh I wish I could eat just one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,
      I have been addicted to Doritos for about 25 years now. I have been addicted to Groucho Marx for even longer.
      Ron

      Delete