Thursday, January 09, 2014

Bully, Thug, Liar

Two Bullies, thugs and liars - Chris Christy on the left and Mitt Romney on the right - peas in a pod

Normally I try to stay away from writing about politics on my blog but sometimes I just have to give in to a story that I can't push out of my mind.

I'm sure you all know about New Jersey governor Chris Christy.  You know, the Great White Hope of the rapidly self-destructing Republican Party.  Chris Christy, Mr. Up Front Tell it Like It Is.  





Well folks, from recent events it seems like Governor Christy is a bully.  He's a thug.  He's a liar.  Gee, who would've ever of thunk?  

It appears from the smoking gun e-mails from Chris Christie's office yesterday that his office order the lane closings of traffic from Ft. Lee, New Jersey in September because the Democratic mayor of Ft. Lee refused to endorse Christie for his re-election.  This on the George Washington bridge, the BUSIEST BRIDGE IN THE WORLD.


Ft. Lee New Jersey lane closings - New Jersey politics at it's best/worst - punish the folks - the Republican mantra these days


When I first heard this story on the "Rachel Maddow Show" I didn't believe it.  I rather liked Chris Christy even though he seemed a bit of a bully to me.  At least he seemed honest and straightforward in this day of weasel politicians.  His approach was refreshing.  However, I thought that if he was responsible for this act of political retribution, I knew he was done as a national political candidate for the presidency.  Oh no, we can't have someone who would put people's lives at risk for a cheap political retribution.  I just couldn't believe it.


"Really" Chris, I hardly knew ye. 

This reminds me of Nixon and the Watergate scandal.  I remember when I first heard that story I couldn't believe it either.  This was in Previous Life when I was a staunch conservative Republican.  I.Just.Could.Not.Believe.It.  Then the smoking guy (the White House tapes) came out and I was forced to confront the truth….Nixon was a lowlife crook.  Now this is what I am believing about Chris Christy.  


Bully, Thug, Liar

So Mr. Up Front hides out yesterday, refusing public appearances.  GUILTY!  He says "He didn't know what was going on in his office."  LIAR!

The best Chris Christy can do now is at least have the balls that former New Jersey Governor Jim McGreevey and have a public press conference in which he apologizes to the people of New Jersey and then resign. Former Governor James McGreevey, who put his unqualified boyfriend on the state payroll as homeland security head, resigned in disgrace because he was a "gay American."  Christie put people's lives at risk by his foolish act of political retribution.  




You know what really galls me though?  That Christie put his high school buddy David Wildstein in a specially created post at the Port Authority at $150k a year.  Wildstein was the person who ordered the lanes to Ft. Lee closed.  

David Wildstein - 150K a year Christie buddy for political dirty tricks

Really?  Governor Christie?  This is how you spend the taxpayer's money in New Jersey and you want to be president of the United States?  

Stick a fork in him folks, he's done. You read it here folks.


You know folks, Christie's actions say something about today's Republican party in general.  No longer do we have the Republican Party that I grew up with.  The Republican Party that believed in individualism and free enterprise.  Now we have a Republican Party that is all about meanness, political retribution, and destruction.  Cut the taxes for the rich (like they don't already have enough money), drag the country into unnecessary wars to prove their machismo (Bush, Jr. and his testosterone issue), the war on women, and disenfranchisement of voters.  Yes folks, this is not your father's Republican Party and Chris Christie by his total ignorance of what he (or his office) did and his total arrogance that he thought he could get away with it.  Sort of reminds me of another Republican politician who thought he could bully and lie his way through his criminal acts.


Richard "I am not a crook!" Nixon and his Final Exit from the national scene.  Good riddance.  

24 comments:

  1. appropriate that you should talk about nixon today; it's the asshat's birthday.

    I don't think the other shoe has dropped yet on this christie debacle. can't wait to see what other juicy gossip hits the fan in the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,

      How appropriate! Nixon's birthday! I have to admit I believed Nixon right up until the final gun. Same with Christie, I thought he was the real deal and here he is just another thug. A crook and a bully. Typical of the Republican Party today. The perfect candidate for them. I hope he gets the Republican nomination. Go for it!

      Ron

      Delete
  2. I've heard of 'getting it off your chest', Ron - but you do it in grand style here. Couldn't help laughing/crying even though the names, if I've heard of them at all (except Romney, Nixon, Bush of course) are only just on the edge of my being aware of them. Never a dull moment in American politics! - but you will be careful of your blood pressure, won't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      Yet another politician fooled me. I just couldn't believe that Chris Christie would stoop so low. Nixon was the first politician who I believed in who turned out to be just another lowlife crook. One would think that these politicians would have more respect for their office that they were elected to. Christie is having a press conference now but I notice he's not apologizing to the press who he mocked. Fuck you Chris Christie.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. When i saw the title of this post on my blogroll, I thought to myself, "Chris Christie."
    And I was right.
    I'm waiting to see him spin this one some more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob,
      Christie is holding a press conference now, spinning. I don't believe a word he's saying. By the way, I notice that he's not apologizing to the press for mocking them. Christie is done. He can't spin this. He is what he is, a bully, thug and liar.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. I hope the family of the 91-year old woman who died (after the ambulance couldn't get to her in a timely manner) sues the XXXXL pants off of Christie and his cronies!

    :-[

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too Andy. Can you imagine being stuck in traffic for up to four hours for four consecutive days? I still have a hard time wrapping my head around why a politician of Christie's stature would stoop so low for political retribution? By the way, where is the apology to the mayor of Ft. Lee. What an asswipe Christie is.

      Delete
    2. Dang Andy....are you sure you want someone literally suing the pants off Christie?! lolz

      Delete
    3. Denise,
      Now that is an image I DON'T want in my mind. :)

      Ron

      Delete
  5. I used to like him too and found him refreshing and honest. Ha!!!!!!!!! How wrong was I! I couldn't believe the story neither when I heard it on GMA this morning. This reminds me of a comment I read on Facebook 2 days ago. US democracy ; 2 wolves and a sheep wondering what they are going to have for lunch. It seems that now a days, the working class is always the loser. I am wondering what Anne-Marie's husband is going to write on his blog about this turn of event. Todd is very clever! But I don't think we should dismiss Christie so fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadege,

      Christie has lost all creditability with me. He's holding a press conference now. He's lying. He knows it and everyone else knows it. So we play this charade. He's done and he know it and everyone else knows it. If he doesn't know that he is even more arrogant that I thought. I have to say he is one of the biggest disappointments I've had in years. I am saddened.

      Ron

      Delete
    2. My previous comment wouldn't publish for some reason. I got a rude message saying that it "couldn't open in another window" and then it was lost. So I'll try again (although my initial thunder is now greatly diminished).

      I won't give my opinion about the Christie farce because it would irk too many people. I will say, however, that I wish I could live in a country that doesn't have politics. Does such a place exist??

      Your comment on my recent blog post hit the proverbial nail right on the head. The characters on "Downton Abbey" are indeed three dimensional - - which is what makes them so real and completely intriguing. So far I haven;t missed a minute of the entire series, but I desperately want to watch the whole thing again.

      And, I'll admit it.....I still have the hots for Thomas....(*sigh*)

      Delete
    3. Jon,
      Christie is a thug. I know we disagree but that's the fact. He will never be president. This country doesn't knowingly elect thugs for president. With Bush we got fooled. But as W said "Can't get fooled again!"
      We do agree on "Downton Abbey." Oh how I love that show! One of my few pleasures in this world today.

      Ron

      Delete
  6. Honey, I hate to have to tell you this but, Reps and Dems, they are ALL bullies, liars and thugs.
    I trust a politician about as far as I could throw him/her.....

    One thing IS true about all of them--if their mouth is moving they are LYING! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Denise, not all politician would cause a massive traffic jam like Christie and his cohorts did. Sure, politicians lie but Christie and Wildstein and his other "enforcers" are in a class all by themselves. Obama and Biden and most Democrats aren't bullies, no matter how much you try to spin it. Now today's Republicans, I saw a new name for them: "Rethuglicans."

      Ron

      Delete
  7. Anonymous1:22 PM

    Well said, Ron! Our local NY/NJ papers are excoriating him. We in the NY metro area have been watching story this for weeks and wondering if it would have legs. Well it does!

    I never thought Christie would make it to the primaries, and now I'm convinced his 2016 aspirations are finished. As the NY Daily News editorial headline says, "Fat Chance Now, Chris" (I am not making this up). In case you didn't know, yesterday Christie was supposed to have met with a large number of NJ Hurricane Sandy victims who are still in limbo, but because he didn't want to make a public appearance where he could be questioned about "Bridgegate", he cancelled just 1/2 hour before the meeting was to start even though some of the people had driven a ways in order to meet with him. Needless to say, those constituents were more than frustrated with him. (And I am not making this up either, it was reported in the Bergen Record, www.northjersey.com.)

    Anyway, I wish you and Bill a Happy New Year and hope that 2014 is a better year for you health-wise.

    Judy in NY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy,

      I knew Christie was a bully but I am truly surprised that he was this stupid. For someone who is so quick to call others who disagree with him "stupid!", he is slow to realize how stupid he is to foster such an atmosphere in his office that condoned this kind of action. Christie says he's "sad." I'm angry. I would be furious if I went through what too many people have gone through in New Jersey because of his bullying and arrogance.

      Thank you for your well wishes. I wish you the best in this year also. I hope this year is better for me health wise too. I just happen to have another doctor's appointment (dermatologist) this afternoon. Seems to be a way of life for me now.

      Ron

      Delete
  8. Just one little minor correction to your rant, Ron. The toll lanes at the GW bridge that were closed were FROM and not TO Fort Lee. That makes a big difference, because it caused a massive back-up traffic jam all over Fort Lee, thus paralyzing it as well as keeping traffic off the bridge including the school buses and emergency vehicles, and just regular people trying to go to work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David,

      Thanks for the correction. Now I understand. I'm still having a hard time believing that any politician would think deliberately causing that massive traffic jam is acceptable behavior. Can you imagine being in that traffic jam, especially if you were in an ambulance? That's what makes me so angry.

      Ron

      Delete
  9. The fallout from this will be wide and the fall will be hard for all of them. And that nice man got fired for doing it "behind my back". HAHAHAHAHAHA

    The best part, to me at least, is that the Republicans will have to find an even whackier candidate for 2016, thus almost ensuring another Democratic president! HAHAHAHAHAHA They couldn't Romney elected, and he was moderate as hell compared to where the party has shifted since. I doubt he'd even be allowed into a Republican committee meeting!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,
      Rand Paul thinks he has a clear shot now. Go Rand! The sad fact is that there are a lot of voters who will vote for ANY Republican candidate, that is how deep and intense their hatred of Obama is. Christie is finished. I'll watch with great interest as the remaining Republican potential candidates debase themselves kowtowing to the loudest and rudest Tea Bagger at those town hall meetings.
      Ron

      Delete
  10. Bully, thug, liar. Also coward, as he blames his underlings, refusing to man up and take responsibility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Professor Chaos,
      Chris Christie says "I'm not a bully". I actually thinks he believes what he's saying. That's his problem. He thinks his behavior is normal and acceptable. It is not. You're right, he is a coward as are all bullies.
      Ron

      Delete