Saturday, January 04, 2014

Bloggerpalooza Update!

Marshall Manlove - Stage Hypnotist


Only 70 more days to Bloggerpalooza on March 15th!  

Yesterday I finalized our entertainment for this year's Bloggerpalooza.  We're having a comedy hypnosis show by Marshall Manlove

Ah yes, you've taken special notice to his surname "Manlove."  Just a happy coincidence folks, Marshall is straight but I have made him aware that our audience at the Bloggerpalooza is predominately gay.  He says he has "no problem" with that.  We're not talking "Duck Dynasty" here folks. 

I wanted to spring a surprise on you folks who will be attending the Bloggerpalooza but talking to Marshall yesterday, he suggested that I make everyone aware that he will be there performing his stage hypnosis show with volunteers from the audience (that would be US folks).  

Now as is true in any group of folks, not everyone will be in agreement with my choice of entertainment so let me assure everyone that you can choose to attend Marshall's show after the buffet dinner on Saturday night, March 15th, or not to attend.  There will be no charge for attending.

The charges will be the same as last year, $25.00 per person for the buffet dinner, this year prepared by Gary Papp of the Essential Chef. Gary and his wife Lorraine have catered many events at the Inn and I can assure you from first hand experience (I've eaten his leftovers), Gary and Lorraine's food is excellent!


Gary Papp, The Essential Chef
We can thank our Toronto friend Pat for the idea to use a stage hypnotist for our event.  Pat has seen several hypnotist comedy shows and can attest they are jolly good fun, especially with a group like ours.  When I was in the Army stationed at Ft. Devens, one of my fellow soldiers, Art Wall, used to perform informal hypnotist comedy in our barracks.  They were so much fun.  


I've always been fascinated by hypnosis even though I was never able to be hypnotized myself.  But you know folks, I'm willing to try this time.  I think the reason I couldn't "go under" back then in the spring of 1960 because I was at the Army Security Agency training school and had a security clearance.  Back in those bad old days where being gay ("homosexual" back then) was grounds for losing your clearance and being kicked out of the Army.  I was always afraid is I was "under" I would reveal my true nature……I was attracted to men!
Me (left) with my buddies Bill Allen and Dick Egan at Ft. Devens April 1960

But I digress.  Notice I always tend to make my blog postings about myself.  So narcissistic I am.  Oh well.  Back to our regular programming.

Folks, we're having a comedy hypnosis show at our Bloggerpalooza this year.  Be forewarned!

Below is a typical hypnotist comedy routine.  I couldn't provide a short video of Marshall Manlove but I can provide this one from Marc Savard's show in Las Vegas.  Marc, the hypnotist planted the suggestion that every time the song "Take My Breath Away" from the movie "Top Gun", these two very straight guys would get up and dirty dance.  I can't guarantee we'll provide a routine like this at our Bloggerpalooza event but we'll certainly try.  Say, plant a suggestion that Sassy Bear and Anne Marie would get up and dirty dance each time "Take My Breath Away" played.  Just an idea folks!

16 comments:

  1. it could also be me and cubby dancing, but I digress...

    sounds like fun! and I DO hope your caterer makes something vegan for pat, and something meaty (like chicken) for me.

    I have already put in for vacation days at my workplace for this event; my boss was like "so early?" HELL YEAH! I already have the cranberry juice for the cosmos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,
      Sure, we can do you and Cubby! I think that would be a hoot. And yes, there will be vegetarian options at the buffet. I've already made arrangements for that. So looking forward to this year's Bloggerpalooza.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Ron,

    I have seen maybe a dozen hypnotist shows and every one was hilarious. Good choice.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lar,
      I think so too. I've always been fascinated with hypnotist shows. I hope and Lois can make it to the Bloggerpalooza.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. This is a WONDERFUL ANNOUNCEMENT! Too cool!!! THANK YOU!

    What's the status of the brewery tour on Friday? Can we still do that since the dates have changed? I hope so.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,
      I forgot to check on the Dogfish Brewery Tour but it shouldn't be a problem. It's a little early now but I'll check again when I go back to work next week. By the way, I was hoping you would like the hypnotist comedy show idea. We're going to have a lot of fun at this year's Bloggerpalooza, guaranteed!
      Ron

      Delete
  4. I have no doubt that the upcoming Bloggerpalooza will be a big success. I wish I could be there, but the cruel fickle finger of fate is keeping me in Texas. You really do have a knack for organizing events. Organization isn't one of my fortes. I have difficulty organizing dinner for the cats.
    I'm sure Marshall Manlove will be entertaining - - wow, what a priceless surname. Too bad he isn't gay.
    Much like you, I've never been able to be hypnotized......but I've been mesmerized more than a few times.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,
      I so wish you were able to come to the Bloggerpalooza. All the folks who attended last year were wonderful and I know you everyone would love you. Plus you have talent! My "talent" is organizing. I didn't even know it until about ten years into my career (at the bank) when I asked my boss "Why do you keep putting me in charge of projects to bring departments under control?" He said "Ron, you're good at organizing." That's the first time I realized my "natural talent." Of course I wish I had your musical talents, writing and artistic talents but there it is, I'm a natural born organizer. I'm a pretty good gardener too. Not mechanical at all. I do love organizing though.

      How about that surname of "Manlove." And yes, like you I've been "mesmerized" more than a few times. LOL.

      Ron

      Delete
  5. If that is what happens, I am sitting way in the back ensconced in my chair !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dr. Spo,

    You think so? We'll see about that. :)

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, thanks for all the work you put into organizing and managing the event. You're awesome.

    And no guilt about making your blog about you... it's your blog, who should it be about??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harper's Keeper,
      You're quite welcome. I love putting events together, especially for fine folks like my blogger friends who so appreciate the effort I put into it. That makes all the effort and hard work worthwhile. I like to make smiles and organizing is one of my few talents.
      As far as the guilt about making my blog about me, would you believe that I have received criticism that my blog was "too much about you?" WTF? Of course this is from a non-blogger. Takes all kinds.
      Ron

      Delete
  8. Hey Ron

    I think the idea of a hypnotist came out of our conversation about how we are fascinated with different aspects of it. I still can't figure out how hypnotists say a person won't do anything that they wouldn't normally morally do or that the subject is still in control. What about post hypnotic suggestions. If I go under I hope I make like a good chicken.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      We'll have to ask Marshall Manlove for a fuller explanation but from what I understand you cannot be hypnotized to do anything against your morals. Clucking like a chicken would be considered against your morals, at least I don't think it would. If you go under, I'll suggest to Marshall that he make you the new Aflac duck. That should be fun. I'll make sure to tape your "performance."
      Ron

      Delete
  9. Ron,

    Lo and I are going to attend this year. We'll come down on Friday and stay over until Sunday, but haven't decided on the hotel yet.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good news Lar! Check out the Red Mill Inn. Their rates are much lower than the Inn. The Red Mill Inn is located just down the road from where I live, about halfway to Lewes. You can also check a number of hotels out on Route 1 like the Rodeway Inn. I believe their rates start at $49 a night in the off season.
      Looking forward to seeing you and Lois at the Bloggerpalooza!

      Ron

      Delete