Thursday, January 16, 2014

Bloggerpalooza Countdown



Hey folks!  We're down to less than two months until Bloggerpalooza 2014! 

56 daysuntil Thursday March 13 2014

a Thursday 1 month and 25 days from today

Last night another new attendee called to make his hotel reservations.  We still have rooms left.

Me pouring Champagne toast to all Bloggerpalooza guests

Just to update everyone, the Bloggerpalooza main event will be held Saturday from 5 pm to 8 pm at the Parkview Room at the Inn at Canal Square in Lewes, Delaware.  

The Inn at Canal Square, Lewes, Delaware

From 5 to 6 will be a cocktail "Meet and Greet", open bar in the breakfast room adjoining the Parkview Room.  

Mark and Mark swapping stories about their spouses
At 6 pm, we move to the Parkview Room and a buffet dinner served by Gary Papp of The Essential Chef.  

Fresh meat at last year's Bloggerpalooza buffet (you can't beat our meat)

After dinner, I will take the podium and welcome everyone and propose a toast.  Then "prizes" will be dispensed to properly embarrass as many participants as possible. 

The reaction from the crowd as Dr. Spo tries to figure out at leather contraption "prize" he received - hint - it's not a dog collar 

After the prizes, Marshal Manlove will entertain one and all with his comedy hypnotist show.  



After the formal festivities in the Parkview Room, the hospitality suite (the Captain's Quarters) is available for those who wish to continue the party.  Dr. Spo, Someone, myself and my brother by another mother, Pat will be the hosts for this festive bacchanal. 

Mark explains what it's like raising four kids in a two dad household

Jay of VA holds court with  Java, Superman, Cubby and Anne Marie of Philly

All are welcome.  You don't have to be a blogger to attend.  If you read a blog, or are in the area, you are welcome to attend.  The only hitch is you have to get by Anne Marie of Philly who will demand $25.00 per person to help defray the costs of this spectacular event.  

Mark and Fred pay up to Anne Marie of Philly
For those of you staying the entire three days at the hotel, other events are planned including a tour of the Dogfish Brewery, Old Time photo shoot,  and a group onslaught at the Saketumi Sushi Bar and Restaurant.   











Photos will be taken.
Videos will be taken.
Memories will be made.
A good time will be had by all.



You know what they say "Be there or be square!"

15 comments:

  1. and if you try to get by ME without paying, I WILL bite you! ;-b

    ooooooooooh, saketumi - mark (tales of the sissy) has taken me here and it is a GREAT place! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne Marie
    I've never been to Saketumi but my dermatologist just oohed and aahhed about it last week. He sold me. No sushi for me though.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do sushi either, but the Chinese food is good!

      Delete
    2. Anne Marie,
      That's what my dermatologist told me. I'm all for good food.....cooked.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. Nate and I are coming! I just have to remember to call you sometime when you're at the desk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Larry,
      Good to hear from you. The Bloggerpalooza wouldn't be the same without you especially since you were the inspiration for this fabulous event. I've already made your reservation. Just call me to confirm it.
      Thanks!
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark,
      Maybe we can talk you into singing a song…..or two. :)
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Ron

    I always enjoy the ride down to Dela where. And I know there won't be a Bill's game going on with all types of Canadians trying to get across the border. Not to worry - I won't be L7.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      I hope you have a smooth slide into Delaware.
      Ron

      Delete
  6. I guess I'm going to be square! But I will be looking forward to you and other attendees blogging about it, with photos! I can participate vicariously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walt,
      We would all love for you and Ken to come. Now that would really be an EVENT! Maybe next year.
      Ron

      Delete
  7. Unfortunately, I'll have to be "square", too (which doesn't happen very often)......but I'll live vicariously by reading all of your blog accounts of the momentous event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,
      You will be with us in spirit. When you sell you house this year, put aside some of that profit and take a trip to Delaware for the 2015 Bloggerpalooza. When you land in Delaware you'll say "I'm not in west Texas anymore!" Just think of all the blog postings you could do from that trip! :)
      Ron

      Delete
  8. So - who is a-coming so far? Do email or post !

    ReplyDelete