Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Nothing To Write About?

Am I concerned?  Not really.

Folks, I've never had a problem of what to write about.  Ever since I could write (and think), I've always had something to write about or talk about.  Now I'm not so presumptuous to believe that what I write or say is of interest to everybody, but I always have something to say.

Oh sure, there was a time when I worried that what I wrote about boring and that no one would want to read it.  But you know what folks?  You could drive yourself crazy worrying about what others think of you, what you say and what you write about.  One of the many benefits of maturity is that you come to realize that you'll never please everyone.  Never.  So just don't worry about it if what you write doesn't enthrall everyone.  It's their loss.  

Me at Loew's doing what I do best - shopping!
So what am I going to write about today?  Well, I'm really enjoying not having a doctor's appointment of medical procedure on the dock in the near future.  God how I am enjoying this.

I'm also enjoying getting back to my regular work schedule at the hotel.  I'm back to working two nights a week (Wednesday and Thursday from 3 to 11 PM).  I don't mind filling in......occasionally...but I don't really want to be on call 24/7 with a hour's notice to show up at work.  That's not what I had envisioned as my work schedule when I retired and decided to work part-time.  I'm glad that I'm back to working part-time and thus can enjoy my retirement.  A proper balance is what I had in mind when I retired and decided to get a part-time job. I think I have that now.

My retirement lunch from Mellon Bank - Bellevue Strafford Hotel - 1986 

In only a couple of weeks I will be traveling to Philadelphia with my friend Pat to celebrate my 72nd birthday.  I've always had something to look forward to in my life.  I think having something to look forward to is one of the keys of a happy life. Once you don't have something to look forward to you might as well buy that cemetery plot and die. 

Cruise of the Delaware River - Philadelphia PA - 2002


I used to work and live and play in Philadelphia during the Sixties and Seventies.  I've always wanted to go back and see my old haunts.  I doubt if I'll see any of my old friends, most of them have either died or moved.  But I would like to walk those old hallowed grounds where I had so many good (and bad) times during my halcyon years.

Friends later at the Purple Parrot - 2011

I don't do the official holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas at this time of my life.  I make my own holidays like Bloggerpalooza, class reunions, and family reunions but maybe not so much the family reunion this year after the sparse attendance at this year's family get together.  

My 50th Class Reunion


So you see I've written seven paragraphs already and I have nothing to write about? Remember one of the most successful show on TV?  It was called "Seinfeld", the show "about nothing."  




Hey folks, here's my blog.....about nothing.  Enjoy!

Me and my brother in Flag Pond, North Carolina - 2011
Always something to look forward to in my life!







13 comments:

  1. Ron

    Ever since discovering your blog I look forward to it. For me there's always a nice balance of dialogue and pictures - and the thoughts are clear and well put. Reading your blog is akin to having a nice conversation with a friend - whether light or of a serious nature. You have a gift. Thanks, always, for sharing.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat. You're very generous. Of course you know you're only encouraging me to write more. :)

      Ron

      Delete
  2. "...you'll never please everyone. Never. So just don't worry about it if what you write doesn't enthrall everyone. It's their loss." HELL YEAH!

    I write when I feel like it. and yeah, SO looking forward to the april blogger meetup; just me and my boyfriends having fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,

      One of the more wonderful benefits of getting older is that I really don't care what anybody thinks of me or what I write. Especially now that I am loved. I know who my friends are and that's all that counts to me at this time in my life.
      Ron

      Delete
    2. That is a wonderful attitude to have Ron! Write whatever you feel like and don't worry about what others think.

      Delete
    3. Nadege,
      Whatever hits my mind, that gets written! :)

      Ron

      Delete
  3. Nothing, but always enjoyable to read!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jay. Next post, something really heavy.

      Ron

      Delete
  4. Ron,

    Well, I guess you don't have to worry about it because you can't please everyone, but I'm a bit displeased. For me, this black background with white font is very difficult to read. Wasn't too bad in the post because your lettering was large, but the comments just kind of blurred for me. That is one cost to me of aging, the colored backgrounds often mess me up.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Larry,
    I'm not sure how long I will keep this black background. I like the contrast with the photos but I also like the simplicity of the white background.
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have (or want) a cemetery plot, or an Urn for my ashes. I DO have a large Mason Jar. Will that do? Hey, I just renewed my passport, so I ain't planning on checking out any time soon. Alaska and Ireland await.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good news! I don't have a passport but I think I will get one soon. At the DMV I believe. I plan to make a trip to Canada. By the way, what happens if you have a medical emergency on foreign soil? Just saying.

      Delete
  7. I hope your PA weekend is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete