|My good-looking and positive influence friend Pat from Toronto, Canada taking his first "selfie" with his new iPhone which I suggested that he buy - I'm having a positive influence on him too!|
Because of the very positive influence of my new minimalist BF Pat of Toronto, Canada; I continue to clean out my accumulation of 72 years of "stuff." Everyday I'm finding new treasures!
|Me cutting my birthday cake celebrating my 38th birthday - 1979|
During my clean out this morning I finally came across one of my favorite photos of me. It was taken at a surprise birthday party for me on my 38th birthday on November 9th, 1979 at my friend Bob McCamley's "Ranch" outside Georgetown, Delaware. Prior to finding this 8" X 10" enlargement of that festive occasion, the only photo I had was a small pixel photo that I had transferred from my old Gateway computer. I still don't know here my original photo is but no matter, I have this one which I scanned into my computer this morning. Regular followers of my blog have seen this photo several times before but I post it again, because this is a better version. More pixels. And yes, I have framed the 8" X 10". No place to hang it though! Oh well.
During my digging in the many boxes in my basement storage room this morning I came across a tablet in which I had written down notes to myself. I don't know when or why I wrote the notes but what I find interesting is that I don't remember much of them. This is why I like saving things, especially something I've written. When I read them years later it's almost like someone else wrote them.
So, without further ado, here is a transcript of what I wrote.
Things I need to spend more time on in my life:
- Researching my family genealogy
- Getting rid of a lifetime of accumulating "things
- Catching up on my e-mails
Writing my autobiography
- Selling my more valuable "things" on eBay
- Working at the hotel
- Trying to please everybody
- Arguing religion
- Arguing politics
- Researching my family genealogy
- Organizing my photos and videos
- Staying in touch with far away friends and family
- The ability to
cut through the lies and distortions and see the truthread people.
- My love of animals
- My work ethic
- My honesty
- My reluctance to hurt people's feelings
- Low self-confidence
- My fear of driving on crowded highways and at night.
- My naïveté.
Getting olderDining out with friends.
- Getting a cat (or cats)
- Watching my garden grow
Summertime and walking on the boardwalkMaking new friends.
- Preparing my taxes
- Colonoscopy preparation
- Driving at night in the rain or fog.
- Religion (Christianity)
- Authority figures
- That evil does not succeed
- Good deeds and people are
rewardedrecognized and rewarded.
- Run a household
- Call a Help line to resolve a problem
- Clean out a drawer or closet
- Work full time at the hotel
- Failed to return a call to a good friend shortly before she committed suicide.
- Stood up my date to her Senior Prom.
- Stood up a former boss for a lunch (see a pattern here?)
- Lost my temper with a former boss
which resulted(I didn't finish this sentence on the original form but I did lose my job, he fired me)
- Voluntarily joined the Army for three years right out of high school.
- Gave jobs and provided leads for jobs for unemployed friends.
- Kept my Mother out of a nursing home (promise kept Mom)
Built two dream homesStayed in a committed relationship with my life partner for 46 years (now 49 years - I obviously wrote these notes three years ago)
- Have children
- Visit a foreign country (Canada not included)
- Become a
commercial artistprofessional photographer.
- Floss my teeth regularly (which I do now with great results)
- Write my autobiography
- Sell all my valuable collectable on eBay.
See Visit EnglandHave a cat.
- Have a Pomeranian dog