Thursday, October 17, 2013

Clues That You're In Rural Texas



Time for a little humor folks now that the latest government crises engineered by the stupid assed Rethulicans is over.  Oh, by the sway, that smirking face below belongs to a Texas senator. By the way, could someone explain to me out this Senator, Ted Cruz, who was born in Canada thinks he can run for president of the United States?  Doesn't he read our Constitution?  Quote: 

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.

Thanks for nothing ass wipe




















A friend sent me this series of actual, real photos  from rural Texas this morning.  A favorite blogger of mine lives in rural Texas.  There is not a day that goes by that I don't feel so sorry for his plight that he is stuck in this unbelievably parochial slice of Americana.  I'm trying to be nice here folks.  I hope he can bust out of his patch of hell in rural Texas.  
A former president who now lives in rural Texas - no surprise


When my Bill used to work he traveled a lot.  The one area of the country which he hated (and "hate" is a mild word) was Texas.  In fact that was his last assignment.  I rescued him and told him to quit his job and take care of our home.  That was thirty-three years ago.  He took a look at these photos this morning and said "Not much has changed."  Indeed.  So have a few laughs folks but also take time to feel for those folks who are Stuck in Texas.  Now here is a little Jerry Lee Lewis seriously violating a piano.  Have a great day!


18 comments:

  1. Gotta love Jerry Lee!!!

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy,

      Talents like Jerry Lee are as fresh today as they were fifty years ago.


      Ron

      Delete
  2. I have never visited TX and never want to. that state has the most uninsured people (30%), a stoopid ass for a guv (miss ricky), the bushes, and a VERY restrictive abortion policy. however, MAC and JIM and LONE STAR live there. pity we cannot bring them north, amirite?

    PS - let's see ted's birth certificate!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,

      Texas is one state that I have absolutely NO DESIRE to visit.

      Ron

      Delete
  3. I truly believe Ted Cruz is the reincarnation of Senator Joe McCarthy ( November 14, 1908 – May 2, 1957.) He even looks like him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stan,
      Cruz's resemblance to McCarty is uncanny isn't it? Same destructive, evil intent also. Nothing constructive, only destructive. Like all tyrants he has a hard care convinced for his cause of destruction.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Funny, funny, funny. And sadly, too true.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,
      Yes, sadly it is true. God, I'm glad I don't live in Texas.
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Randy in NEB12:15 AM

    Ron, I've heard when I was stationed in Texas, the last time was Dec. 10 1982, funny I even remember the date. The ads went.."Texas, It's a whole other country." The photo that got me was Cockpit Bar&Grill,not a gay bar. lol. At least they didn't name it "The Manhole." Ron, always a pleasure. Randy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Randy,
      Unfortunately there are too many areas of this country that we, as gay men find it necessary to live in the close for our own physical and financial protection. Texas isn't the only state that is backwards like this. Bill and I visit his former hometown of Toccoa Georgia every year and you can believe we keep our gayness low key when we're traveling through the South. It just isn't safe to be openly gay in the South, Midwest or West. I would never live in those areas of the country. LIfe is too short to suffer that discrimination just because one is born gay.

      Ron

      Delete
  6. Even I knew about having to be a U.S. citizen to be Pres (and at least 35 years old) - though must admit the 14 years bit was new to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      I don't understand why the talking heads on TV don't question Cruz's qualification to run for president. Of course I understand the Tea Baggers who falsely accused President Obama of being born in Kenya not qualified to be president because he "wasn't born in the U.S." With Cruz they are silent on this "minor problem."
      Ron

      Delete
  7. Ah Texas. Land of big hair and small minds. It's a special kind of Hell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the cajun,
      Ever been to Texas? I can't imagine. That's one state I'll skip on my Bucket List of things to do before I croak.

      Ron

      Delete
  8. Is that "Texas Testicle Festival" photo genuine? It seems too crass to be real. Please tell me. If it's genuine, I have a lot of friends here in the UK who will fall about laughing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul,

      The "Texas Testicle Festival" is absolutely true. Oh yes, look it up on the Internet. This is Texas after all. A whole 'nother world.

      Ron

      Delete
    2. Paul,
      To add to Ron's assurance that this is true (I looked, it is), make sure you, or any of your friends who visit West Virginia or other Appalachian communities steer clear of mountain oysters (they don't have to be Rocky Mountain variety)! Heeheehee
      Peace <3
      Jay

      Delete
    3. Jay,
      You're right, mountain "oysters". I forgot!

      Ron

      Delete