Saturday, July 13, 2013

I'm Just An Old Cowpoke

My friend Lar and I for our annual Old Time Photo in Rehoboth Beach

I'm sitting here at my iMac on this Saturday night, with the TV on waiting for the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman verdict and catching up on my horrendous backlog of e-mails.

My apologies to one and all how have sent me e-mails to my AOL address during the past month because I haven't kept up with those e-mails.  Every hear the term "life happens?"  Well folks, life is what is happening to me.  Of course the big deal was Bill and I getting married.  That took up a LOT of my attention.  Then there is always the yard work outside.  If Casa Tipton-Kelly is going to continue to be the showplace of Covington Chase, I have to devote at least two hours a day to mulching, weeding, trimming, cutting and sweating.  

A verdict in the George Zimmerman trial has just been reach!  Stay tuned.  Fifteen minutes we will know.  My prediction:  manslaughter with three years. Yes, George "I have a gun" Zimmerman will get away with murder.

Now back to our regular programming:

Last night I was talking to a new friend on FaceTime.  He asked me "How to you have time to do everything?"  Guess what folks?  I don't.  Yes, the truth is out.  I.don't.have.the.time.  So what do I do?  I just nibble away at all my activities and do the best I can, hoping I offend minimal numbers of friends and relatives by not responding on a timely basis.  Also folks remember, I'm dealing with the side effects of my prostate surgery.  I haven't written too much about those side effects for two reasons:  I don't want to bore you all and the side effects are sort of on the gross side.  Not really fodder for a family blog.  Let's just say the my normal bodily functions are not operating normally all time.  The good news is that I'm not in pain.  Discomfort? Yep but no pain.  I do have a lot more fatigue though which I attribute to the radioactivity that is going on in my prostate gland area even as I type this missive.

So how are Bill and I doing on our first week after marriage?  GREAT!  I am pleasantly surprised at Bill's demeanor since our marriage.  He is so happy. He hasn't taken his ring off since we picked it up at the Dover pawn shop.  Yes folks, I bought Bill's wedding ring at a pawn shop.  Now don't be too quick to judge, it's a beauty and exactly what I was looking for and even more, he is so happy with it.  And I am so happy for him.  

The Verdict is in!

NOT GUILTY!

George Zimmerman just got away with murder.  No more need be said.




6 comments:

  1. I am so tired of the commentary on the Zimmerman trial. NONE of us were on the jury. Perhaps the justice system worked exactly the way it was supposed to? Especially since all the damn pundits out here know NOTHING except what was fed to us by the media and the various parties involved.

    I'm so happy that Bill is so happy. That's awesome, and I'll bet the glow around Casa Tipton-Kelly can be seen from the International Space Station!

    Two hours a day?! I spent less than 2 hours a WEEK! Of course, you'll never see my house/lot on HGTV except as a "before" example! HAHAHAHA

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,
      I am so happy to see Bill this happy. He now feels complete as I do. This is a nice feeling.

      Ron

      Delete
  2. This is a better story than picking Bill out of a pawn shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,

      Bill loves that ring!

      Ron

      Delete
  3. Anonymous7:57 AM

    60 days is the half life of most common radiactive seeds. It means the effects from radiation are expected disminish from now on. Your treatment is now in the final phase. Further persistent problems would be secondary effects. I hope they will be minimal. Congrats for the recent happy moments. Juan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juan,

      I hope so! I am so tired right now that I have to lay down and take a short nap. My friend Bob underwent directed radiation therapy last year and he had the same fatigue after effects. I will be so glad to get back to normal.

      Ron

      Delete