Thursday, March 14, 2013

Whose Irish?

My Bill (William Daniel Kelly - Irishman)

St. Patty's Day is this Sunday.  So what do we do around here at Casa Tipton-Kelly on St. Patrick's Day?  Absolutely nothing.

Take note of the "Kelly" in the name of our home. Yep, that's My Bill, full name WILLIAM DANIEL KELLY.  That's about as Irish as one could get.

My Bill - 1951 - Bamberg Germany - I was ten years old when this picture was taken of Bill when he in the Air Force. Can you imagine if I had met this hunk then?  OMG!

By the way, Bill's image is still on Bamberg's website even until today.  Check it out:



Who would've thunk that I would share my life with an Irishman?  When I was just an adolescent with my hormones kicking, I always thought I the Prince Charming I would meet would be of Latin origin.  Italian, Spanish, Portuguese or even (God forbid) FRENCH!  But no, almost all of my paramours have been anything but Latin lovers. Oh there was Manual Lopez (Cuban) but he got away.  

Manuel - 1965 (the only Latin Lover I ever had)

I'm not normally attracted to the fair haired, freckled faced, hot tempered Irishmen.  Well,  except for the fair haired (Bill has or HAD black hair), freckled face (Bill does have a fair complexion but nary a freckle - I know I've checked his whole body) I ended up with a hot tempered Irishman.  Specifically a Black Protestant Irishman.  And believe you me, it's been quite a trip.  A delightful trip because I do love this man so.




Me with Bill and my Mom at her computer fooling around

Lately I've been treating him rather shabbily and taking him for granted.  Yesterday his temper blew (think Mt. Vesuvius) and got my attention.

Mt. Vesuvius blowing - aka Bill when he loses his Irish temper
So we won't be doing anything special this Sunday, St. Patrick's Day. No 'wearing of the green' or singing Irish ditties (which I hate by the way).  And we won't be doing that because every day is St. Patty's Day around here.  I love my live in Irishman and everybody else does too!

Bill with our neighbor Barbara (whose been trying to steal him from me)





16 comments:

  1. I don't know if the saying is true "you deserve what (or whom) you get". You deserved a nice gentleman and it is what you got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadege,

      I got the best with Bill. Thanks!

      Ron

      Delete
  2. OMB, you better watch out for barbara!

    but not me; I would not DREAM of taking your bill from you! besides, I'm not bill's type (tee hee)! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,

      Our neighbor LOVES Bill. We're going over to visit her tomorrow. I'm not worried though. She did say one time though "What does Bill see in Ron?" WHAT?

      Ron

      Delete
  3. I always look forward to your catalog of pictures from the past. Lets home when the time comes you have donated them to a local group to be shared with generations to come. At least throw a corn beef in the slow cooker to celberate the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roger,

      Thanks! I'll have to scan more photos. I've only scanned about 30% of the photos I have. I am concerned what will happen to my photos once I am gone. I don't think anyone is interested in an old gay guy's photos. I've thought about donating then to a historical society but I think they will be turned off my the gay ones. Oh well, I won't be around when that decision is made.

      Ron

      Delete
  4. Nice, love the last couple of lines.

    As for me, it's the 'accent' that always gets me. As soon as I heard Carlos speak I knew I was hooked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob,

      I like the accent too. Bill has a Southern one. He's from Georgia.

      Ron

      Delete
  5. I think I'm headed to an Irish pub, just for the GREAT music! Well, the beer, too!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,

      You will definitely have to visit the Irish Eyes Restuarant which is just on the other side of the canal where the hotel is located. See you next week!

      Ron

      Delete
  6. Alas no Irish blood in me, but I am willing to wrestle an irishman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,

      Bill loves to arm wrestle. I'll see what I can arrange when you meet Bill for the first time next week.

      Ron

      Delete
  7. That's a great photo of Bill! I thoroughly enjoy the concept of St. Patrick's Day - - even though green is not my favorite color and there isn't a drop of Irish blood in me.
    I'm 100% Hungarian and have the temper to prove it.

    (Fortunately I usually only stay angry for 5 or 10 minutes. I'm mostly a sweetheart. Honest).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,

      No shortage of tempers around here too. Although it usually takes a lot for me to lose my temper but when I do, watch out. Bill has a much shorter fuse.

      I think you're the only Hungarian I know. I believe you're "mostly a sweetheart." Honest, I do.

      Ron

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John,

      OOPS! I just notice that "Pepper" (the dog) is a big "aroused." Proves again everybody likes Bill.

      Ron

      Delete