Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Day After The Day After

Here it is, two day already when the last bloggers left Delaware. Anne Marie of Philly and her hubby Todd checked out of the hotel yesterday.  Sean ("Sassy Bear") and his honey also checked out of the hotel yesterday.  All that is left of the Bloogerplooza is the echo in the Parkview Room of the twenty-three bloggers who attending the cocktail reception and buffet dinner.  Many bloggers kept the party going later in the Captain's Quarters VIP suite that Cubby had rented just for this occasion.


Java Jones, Superman, Jay of VA and Anne Marie of Philly in hotel lobby

I worked last night.  I took a walk back to the now empty Parkview Room and looked at the now empty tables and thought back to this past Saturday when our blogger friends met.  Remember the old 60's term "Love In?" That's what we had folks, a love in.


Jay of VA, Anne Marie of Philly, Java Jones and me (Ron)

Last night I got my first good night's sleep in five days.  And I got my "eyes" back.  I'm one of those persons who if I don't get enough sleep it shows in my eyes.  And did it ever this weekend.  Check me out in the Old Time Photo.  I look like an old cowpoke they dug up from a grave and propped up.  And here I wanted to look my best for my fellow bloggers and especially Dr. Spo!  Oh well, it is what it is.  


Oops!  That's not me!  You don't want to see a picture of me and my tired eyes. This is a picture I brought up on my iPhone of Thomas Roberts, the gay MSNBC newscaster that I wanted to show to my fellow bloggers

Folks, I still have a load of pictures and videos to upload.  I plan to publish most of them so to you first time readers of this blog, be forewarned, I may border on boring you with my future posts.  But I do want to post as many photos and videos.  Oh, one more caveat, most of my photos I took with my iPhone.  While the iPhone is convenient to taking photos one has to hold it steady and unfortunately when I'm at an event like this I am nervous (Nervous Nelly).  Thus, too many of the photos are blurred.  At the Next Bloggerpalooza (oh yes, we're already talking about the NEXT one), I will use my "good" camera, my Canon SLR.  


Cubby's hospitality suite - pictured from left to right are Mark (Our Simple Lives), Anne Marie of Philly, Cubby, Nate, Jay and Superman (Clint)

By the way, the weather here in Lewes was awful yesterday.  Wind, rain and snow.  But we had perfect weather this weekend for the Bloggerpalooza.  Thus my record for planning events and guaranteeing great weather continues.  I plan my family reunion (every other year) and class reunions - the weather has always been perfect. One of these days my luck is going to run out but so far......GREAT WEATHER!

Have a wonderful day!


Two blogger hunks on the Rehoboth Beach Boardwalk Saturday, March 23rd, 2013






17 comments:

  1. Fabulous! And the video is great. You cannot bore us with more. Bring it on. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much more to show Walt,much more. Let me know when you've had enough. :)

      Ron

      Delete
  2. We're still trying to take in all the riches of this last Bloggerpalooza and you're already talking about the NEXT one? Well, have no fear. I'll make jolly sure you don't forget about arranging it (as though you ever would!).

    I get the impression that by the time the above were taken the smiles were beginning to fade just a teeny weeny bit, Ron. But by then the signs of fatigue would be manifesting - as well as there being the sadness of breaking up hanging over everything.. However, I am definitely not tiring of seeing anything you can show us. I'm really enjoying this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no Ray, no smiles were fading. However, there were a few day after hangovers which slowed some of the bloggers down a bit. All in good fun though. My signs of fatigue were the sleepy eyes which I hate. Unfortunately many of the later photos show old Ron with his lack of nap time. Which reminds me, I'm due for a nap right now. :)

      Delete
  3. WHO ARE those two hunks in the last photo? AS IF I could ever forget! :)

    back at work today and it's not as much fun as the captain's quarters! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a letdown isn't it Anne Marie? I was just up in the hospitality suite. So quiet tonight. Sad.

      Ron

      Delete
  4. Barry and I made it out JUST IN TIME! on Sunday. We drove south and hit very light rain as we got on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel. By the time we got off 20 miles further to the south it was raining hard. Had a good steady rain all the way to Williamston, NC. (And that what was moving north and turning into snow on the Delmarva!)

    There was either a minor accident or disabled vehicle at the north entrance in the northbound lane in the southern tunnel. That held us up for 15-20 minutes as they had to alternate the northbound and southbound traffic around the wrecker and disabled car. Traffic was generally light everywhere except the greater Norfolk area where it is always heavy.

    My trip home on Monday (yesterday) was overcast, but not rainy. The sun came out as I approached Wilmington. All together, I drove 868 miles on less than two tanks of gas!

    David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you and barry made it home safely! you two are wonderful southern gentlemen; I look forward to seeing you again soon! :)

      Delete
    2. David,

      Same here David, I'm glad that you and Barry arrived home safely. Driving in the rain is tricky. I try to avoid driving in the rain or at night. I need sunny, clear days.

      Since you and Barry left it's rained almost every day thus proving that whenever I have an event, the weather is perfect. Or maybe I'm just lucky. :) By the way, great gas mileage!

      Thanks again for making the trip to Delaware.

      Ron

      Delete
  5. Enjoyed the video of your banquet, Ron! Did you have any alcoholic drinks as I remember you saying that you don't normally drink! Would have loved to have been there! Caught up with a blogging friend, John in UK last year which was awesome! Now for some early nights!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paul,

    We might do it again next year. You come next year Paul. I guarantee that you will have a fabulous time.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally awesome, Ron! The video, the pictures! And I, too, will have the DSLR, not the point and shoot!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,

      No question about it, next time (which I hope there is one), I definitely bring my Canon DSLR camera. It's hard to hold an iPhone camera steady after a few drinks. :)

      Ron

      Delete
  8. I am enjoying seeing yours and others pictures as they come out in the blogs.
    It was a splendid time, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,

      Usually I am the only one taking pictures at events like this. It is such an unexpected pleasure to see pictures that others took, especially the scenes that I missed altogether. My only concern now is that I will bore some of my blog readers by posting too many pictures and videos. But I'm going to do it anyway, there's too much good "stuff" and I don't want anyone to miss it.

      Thank you again dear, kind sir for attending and making the Bloggerpalooza the special event that it was.

      Ron

      Delete
  9. A 'love in' indeed!! Thanks again for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My pleasure Mark!

    Ron

    ReplyDelete