|New hat that I just bought this morning for the Blooger-Thon (red wasn't available)|
What makes you happy?
This morning I was reading an article in the latest issue of AARP entitled "Give Yourself a Happiness Makeover."
Here are the ten points they made in the article:
- Nestle in the Right Neighborhood. Yep! Done that. I'm in the perfect neighborhood for me.
- Stop Shopping; Start Saving. - I used to be a shopaholic. No more, now I save and I'm telling you, it feels soooo much better knowing that I have the security of a nest egg for emergencies or that special spurge.
- Make the Most of Your Morning. - Always do! I eat breakfast every morning and exercise. Always get my day started off right.
- Trim Your TV Time - no couch potato here. If I do have the TV on I'm usually doing something else at the same time, using the TV (almost always MSNBC - the "progressive" channel) as background wallpaper.
- Get a Daily Dose of Friends - that I do from neighbors, co-workers and blogger friends.
- Find Your Soul Mate - DONE! That would be My Bill.
- Meet, Pray, Love - I'm not too big on the praying but I am on the meeting and loving. I am a lover.
- Create a Sunny Sanctuary - that would be my bedroom; my absolute favorite room in the house and where I often go to clear out my mind and veg out.
- Gain Peace With a Pooch - not happening now but will happen if I am ever alone again. Horace, my pet Pomeranian dog was my best friend for 16 years. He's been gone for some time now but I will get a new "Horace" sometime in the future. That is if I outlive Bill. He won't have anymore pets because he can't stand the loss.
- Ignite Your Passion for Compassion. - always.
I have one more suggestion for happiness. Just do something silly that makes you feel good and don't worry about what anyone else thinks of you. You know, that Inner Child. Don't suppress him (or her).