|New hat that I just bought this morning for the Blooger-Thon (red wasn't available)|
What makes you happy?
This morning I was reading an article in the latest issue of AARP entitled "Give Yourself a Happiness Makeover."
Here are the ten points they made in the article:
- Nestle in the Right Neighborhood. Yep! Done that. I'm in the perfect neighborhood for me.
- Stop Shopping; Start Saving. - I used to be a shopaholic. No more, now I save and I'm telling you, it feels soooo much better knowing that I have the security of a nest egg for emergencies or that special spurge.
- Make the Most of Your Morning. - Always do! I eat breakfast every morning and exercise. Always get my day started off right.
- Trim Your TV Time - no couch potato here. If I do have the TV on I'm usually doing something else at the same time, using the TV (almost always MSNBC - the "progressive" channel) as background wallpaper.
- Get a Daily Dose of Friends - that I do from neighbors, co-workers and blogger friends.
- Find Your Soul Mate - DONE! That would be My Bill.
- Meet, Pray, Love - I'm not too big on the praying but I am on the meeting and loving. I am a lover.
- Create a Sunny Sanctuary - that would be my bedroom; my absolute favorite room in the house and where I often go to clear out my mind and veg out.
- Gain Peace With a Pooch - not happening now but will happen if I am ever alone again. Horace, my pet Pomeranian dog was my best friend for 16 years. He's been gone for some time now but I will get a new "Horace" sometime in the future. That is if I outlive Bill. He won't have anymore pets because he can't stand the loss.
- Ignite Your Passion for Compassion. - always.