Thursday, March 21, 2013

How To Stay Young



This morning while I was out shopping (in a snowstorm yet) for the final touches to the Bloggerpalooza, Bill said to me "What?  Are you in your second childhood?"  A valid question since I entered my eight decade of existence on this earth.  Born in 1941, a month before Pearl Harbor, I am now of the older generation.  But you know what folks?  I don't feel that way. Oh sure, when I get up on the morning I ache all over.  "Arthur Ritis" is a permanent guest in my house.  

Hi, my name is "Ron" and I'm an Oldie Goldie

My body may be aging, I may be more forgetful these days with more and more of my brain cells dying off but I have never lost the zest for life.  

Smiling, even in the dentist's chair!

I still love music, from the Fifties through the Sixties to the Seventies (perhaps my favorite decade) and even the Eighties.  Hey, there is even music today (Adele) that I love.  And I love glitter.  Oh boy do I ever LOVE glitter.



I've never lost my sense of humor or my fondness for teasing.  Thank God I haven't turned into one of those curmudgeons like so many men of my age.  Have you seen some of those guys?  They look like constipated bullfrogs.  

Add caption

So there I was this morning at Michael's, buying tiaras for the Bloggerpalooza (I heard there were some queens attending) and Bill says "You must be in your second childhood."  No folks, I never grew out of my original childhood.  And I hope I never do.

Some lucky person at the Bloggerpalooza will get this hat at a drawing at the Bloggerpalooza

3 comments:

  1. caption for the toad: "dick cheney feasts on another democRAT". I swear to bob that bullfrog looks just like dick cheney!

    see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gotta have joy in life.
    That keeps you feeling young.
    You gotta laugh!

    ReplyDelete