Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Bloogerpalooza Almost Here!



The much anticipated Bloggerpalooza is almost here!  Can you believe it?  Get on your dancing shoes baby because we're going to party!



Just a reminder to everyone, that this wonderful event will take place this weekend in Lewes, Delaware this Saturday, March 23rd.  


The Lewes-Rehoboth Canal with rainbow from our hotel (I took this picture)

The event will be catered by Nage of Rehoboth Beach.  The cost is $25 per person which will be collected at the event when name tags are handed out.  


Me at the hotel front desk, I won't be at the front desk this Saturday, my co-worker Robert will.  He will direct you to the Parkview Room where the Bloggerpalooza will take place
Meet and Greet will take place from 5 pm to 6 pm at the Waterview Room.  To find the Waterview Room just enter the hotel, Robert the front desk clerk will direct you to the event.

Robert - on duty Bloggerpalooza Night

Meet and Greet in the Parkview Room

We will have an open bar of wine or sparkling beverages (for those of you less adventurous) available at the Meet and Greet. 



The open hot buffet from Nage will be available from 6 pm to 8 pm.  I've had this menu before folks and believe me, it is delicious!  Here are the items available for your pleasure:


  • Roasted Porkloin sliced thin and served with natural sauce
  • Broccoli Rabe
  • Roasted vegetables with roasted Garlic oil
  • Tarragon Potato Salad

For dessert:

  • Mini dessert tray - Pecan bites, mini Brownies, and Key Lime Squares
This is a list of the bloggers (and a link to their blogs) who are planning on attending this fabulous Bloggerpalooza: 
The Inn at Canal Square
For those lucky few who elected to stay at our wonderful hotel you will have access to the historic town of Lewes, which we proudly call "The First Town in the First State."  Lewes was originally settled in 1631 by Dutch settlers.  Unfortunately the local Indians wiped them out but the good old dependable English came by a few years later and made Lewes (pronounced "L-E-W-I-S", just like Jerry Lee "Great Balls of Fire" Lewis) Delaware a permanent English settlement.  The wonderful thing about staying in Lewes is that the beach (Delaware Bay) is less than a mile within walking distance and the Atlantic Ocean is but a short drive (less than two miles) away to Cape Henlopen, a Delaware State Park.  
Cape Henlopen






While you're in town do make it a point to visit Cape Henlopen and watch the waves from the Atlantic gently wash up on our pristine beach.  


Breakfast at the Inn

Also for those of you staying at the hotel we offer a compliment breakfast with everything short of homemade gravy and biscuits, we can go out for that if  you have a hankering for scrapple (which I am going to take Dr. Spo and Someone out for to sample one of our local "delicacies").


The "Golden Sentry" outside Dr. Spo's and Someone's room on the fourth floor at the Inn
After the festivities are over hotel guests can retire to their heavenly beds and go to sleep with visions of a day well spent of camaraderie with old friends and new friends.  


The Inn at night - sleep well

20 comments:

  1. Ron and Everyone, I haven't had time yet to let you all know that due to my mom's health, I won't be able to attend. I've very disappointed but I know you understand. Have a wonderful time and I look forward to reading all the posts. Cubby I expect you to give me all the unpublishable gossip!

    thanks for doing this Ron!

    Sean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sean,

      I understand. I'll cancel your reservation when I go in tonight.

      We will miss you (and will talk about you).

      My thoughts are with you at this time Sean. We'll give you all the dish when the Bloogerpalozza is over.

      Ron

      Delete
    2. understandable, dear. your mom and family need you. we will see each other at another time. I will hoist a drink/dance a dnace in your honor. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

      Delete
    3. you forgot my spouse todd and his blog ARTEEJEE (arteejee.blogspot.com).

      LOVE the opening dance number! we will ROCK! 4 days til... :)

      Delete
    4. Anne Marie,

      I looked and looked for your husband's blog and couldn't find it. Sorry about that. Glad you included it in your comment.

      Like that opening dance number do you? We want to see you and The Cajun dance to it. I will videotape it and post it to my blog. Fun times!

      Ron

      Delete
    5. the cajun has a bad back at the moment, so he may not be able to "shake his groove thing". but I am sure all of us will have a good time!

      Delete
    6. Sean, I'm sorry you won't be able to join us. I certainly understand your priorities, though. I hope your mother's condition improves soon.

      Delete
    7. Java,

      We're ready! I'm taking the booze in today. What is your poison of choice?

      Ron

      Delete
  2. It will be so much fun! I will be thinking about all of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadege,

      Wish you could be here. I will be taking videos and photos. The video will be like you're there. I'll post the videos to You Tube. Should be fun, especially the surprise "gifts" I have for Dr. Spo.

      Ron

      Delete
  3. Making preparations as I type! I cannot wait! And Sean, so sorry you can't join us, but it's certainly understandable. Guess we'll have to find another Jeep to go out on the beach with!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,

      I'm taking the booze in today. What is your poison of choice? Wine, vodka, rum or scotch?

      Ron

      Delete
    2. ron, I am bringing 3 bottles of wine from my stash to the hospitality room. and a loaf of my home-made-from-scratch beer bread, a special request from cubby.

      Delete
  4. So sad we were so up in the air with all that is going on here with me and my job/career. So many of you that i have met and wanted to see again, other who I have yet to meet and really wanted to meet. I know someone has a smart phone and iPad and can upload pics throughout the experience... please have fun and have a drink for me... I will have one for each of you here in Richmond... maybe if the hubby and I have our shit together in the fall, i could interest him in a long week of a drive up the coast to stop various places and meet fellow bloggers for our anniversary in Sept....hmmmm must really start thinking about this... Y'all have fun and be careful.. hugz!!
    Kelly from Rambling Along

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love you, sweetie! and that idea of yours sounds FABU! smooches!

      Delete
    2. If this Bloogerpalooza is successful we may do it again. I have a family reunion every other two years. Always a success. I am taking videos and photos. Will share.

      Ron

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for this blog, Ron. It brings together all the info that those of us who WON'T be there need to know about what we'll be missing (sob sob!) - but it does add 'flesh' to the forthcoming event, as it were.
    Although I do know quite a few on the 'guest list' through their respective blogs there are still quite a number whom I'm not familiar with. Hopefully I might be able to add one or more of these to my 'computer buddies list', particularly as there'll probably be (even) more handsome faces to view.

    Looking forward to the reports and pics which you and others are going to post. (I'm getting SO excited it's going to be like trying to hold back an orgasm!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,

      Wish you were here for the Bloogerpalooza! I'm charging my Flip video now. Pictures and videos will be taken and shared with all! I'm taking in the booze today. Heavy.

      Ron

      Delete
    2. there may even be exposed flesh for all we know at this event! (tee hee) and don't hold back the orgasm please - READY STEADY GO!

      Delete
  6. happy joy!
    Now, what on earth is the golden buddha doing there?

    ReplyDelete