Friday, February 15, 2013

Meteor Hits Russia



A meteor hit Russia yesterday.  I don't know if this has anything to do with finding out the results of my prostate biopsy this afternoon.  However, I do find it rather ominous. 

This morning I had an appointment with Dr. Chang.  I had a growth on the back of my neck.  He removed it and sent it out for a biopsy.  He doesn't think it is serious.  Just another actinite keratosis growth, which is common.  

This afternoon I see my urologist Dr. Kwan, for the result of my prostate biopsy that I had performed ("performed" is the right word too).  

Am I nervous? You bet.  I haven't felt this apprehensive since my last HIV-test (which was negative).  

I'm having a hard time concentrating on anything else today until I find the results of this biopsy.  This has been hanging over my head like a dark cloud for over a year now.

Back to this meteorite hit in Russia.  I think the last meteor to hit the earth was also in Russia in 1908.  I understand the meteor that hit yesterday did not hit a population center but did cause almost a hundred injuries from broken glass from shattered windows of buildings.  Can you imagine if that meteor hit a city like Tokyo or New York.  There but for the grace of God....

11 comments:

  1. Ron, We're praying for you. Please keep us posted later today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sean,

      I'm on my way in about fifteen minutes. I don't need all this drama.

      Ron

      Delete
  2. Scary about the meteor.

    We're sending good thoughts for your results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob. I'll know in about an hour. I'm getting ready to leave now.

      Ron

      Delete
  3. Good luck today with both.

    Did you know that when you want to post a YouTube video there is a box under the Embed Code box that allows to to pic the correct size for your blog. There are several standard sizes to choose from or you can customize it. Once you select the width it automatically selects the height and then usually remembers it for the next time. For your blog layout, I think 600 would be a good place to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sean,

      No, I didn't know that. I was wondering why I now had large videos. I'll give that a try. Thanks!

      Ron

      Delete
  4. I do hope the second test is equally reassuring. Quite a video on the meteor. Yeah, it would be really something in a major metro area. I hate to see people injured, of course, but there is something awe-inspiring and humbling about these displays of nature. It's good for people to recognize their relative position in the cosmos, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Geezers,

      You just never know. I think it is amazing that both meteors hit Russia. Either Russia is a very big country or this is one hell of a coincidence.

      Ron

      Delete
  5. It is almost 5 pm on the East coast and hope you are OK.
    That meteor was really awesome! I am sorry for the people injured; just a reminder that anything can happen at any time.( I saw a small meteor once, during the day. It was not as big o course and it only stayed lit for 10 seconds or so before it disintegrated in the atmosphere). Today was a great day for astronomy classes and scientists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadege,

      I got the news and it wasn't good. I take the next step now with is radiation therapy. Ironically, today was a beautiful, sunny day. Tomorrow it is supposed to rain. No meteors in the sky though.

      Ron

      Delete
  6. Anonymous2:48 AM

    thanks for share...

    ReplyDelete