Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Those Hot Tipton Men

Paul Turner Tipton

All right folks, I'm going to do some bragging here.  Or as an acquaintance of mine calls it "braggadocio".  I think that's Italian for bragging.  

My cousin Paul Turner Tipton posted this picture of himself on his Facebook page this morning.  Paul is actually the son of my first cousin Tom Tipton.  Tom had three sons just like my parents had three sons.  Why is this unusual?  Because my father had ten brothers and no sisters.  One would think with those 32 children (yes, I have 32 first cousins, not counting the few that I know of who were born out of wedlock but that's another whole story for another blog posting where we're not going now).



The Tipton Brothers - 1960 (my father is the tall man on the right in the back)
Anyway, one would think with those 32 first cousins that they would perpetuate even more Tipton boys.  But one would be wrong to think that.  Not to give you one of those family genealogy headaches, but most of their kids were girls. My father Isaac was the only Tipton son who produced three sons, no daughters.

Me and my brothers Isaac and John - Isaac Jr. being the handsomest of the Tipton Boys

Paul Tipton, son of Thomas Tipton also produced two sons, no daughters.  Below are his twin sons Tanner and Hunter, thus continuing the tradition of handsome Tipton men.

Hunter Tipton

Tanner Tipton

Then of course there was the "original" blonde, blue eyed, smooth talking lady-killer Tipton man, my father Isaac "Ike" Tipton, Sr.

"Ike" Tipton - 1940 (my dad)

The 18 year old "Ike" Tipton Lukenweld Employee
(love the hair)

Isaac W. Tipton, Jr. (16 years old) proof that the good-looking apple doesn't fall too far from the family apple tree

Isaac W. "Ikey" Tipton, III - grandson of Isaac Tipton, Sr. and son of my brother Isaac Tipton, Jr.

And there the Tipton line of men ends with my line.  I have no children.  My brother John has two daughters and my nephew "Ikey" has two daughters.  

Other lines of the Tipton family will have to keep the handsome Tipton family gene going.  Below is my cousin Richard "Dick" Tipton; his son R. D. and R.D.'s son Caleb.  


16 comments:

  1. dang! are you the only gay guy out of all those boys?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Anne Marie, now you know better than that. Most of the Tipton men are straight but there are a few gay ones. I'll let them identify themselves, I don't believe in outing anybody. However, one of my uncles (guess which one) was gay. In the closet his whole life honey. Of course he was the only one who wasn't married and didn't have kids. Just like you know who (ME!).

      Delete
    2. well, yeah, 1 in 10 and all that...since I don't have gaydar, I am not going to guess which uncle was gay. but isn't it a shame he lived his entire life in the closet, instead of being out and proud like you.

      Delete
    3. Anne Marie,

      Yes, it is a shame Uncle Bruce (yes, "Bruce" was his name) lived in the closet all his life. But that's the way it was back then in the Forties and Fifties.

      Ron

      Delete
    4. I am going to guess that Uncle Bruce was the one standing at the opposite side of the back row from your Dad -- the only one with a tie!

      Delete
  2. Was interesting to see members of your family and indeed some very handsome fellows they are. I have fathered 2 girls and my brothers have not been any more successful with producing males so it appears that the Forster name will be lost. In answer to your question Dunedin is at the bottom of the South Island of New Zealand. Look forward to following further posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul,

      My boss (owner of the hotel where I work) is now in New Zealand and Australia for his annual monthly vacation. Oh how I would love to visit New Zealand and Australia before I depart this earth. England too. Only foreign country I've ever visited was Canada and that's not really foreign is it?

      Ron

      Delete
  3. An interesting post and great photos!

    (Hey, I think this is the shortest comment I've ever written on a blog. What a milestone!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,

      Long or short, your comments are always appreciated. :)

      Ron

      Delete
  4. Ron, I love all the family pictures you put up here. I'm fascinated by photographs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sean. Everyone who knows me knows that I love taking photos, collecting old photos and posting them. My only regret is that I didn't take more photos when I was younger.

      Ron

      Delete
  5. a handsome line, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Spo Clan isn't a bad looking group either. :)

      Delete
  6. All very good looking! Paul reminds me of "Bates" (Downton Abbey).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention it Nadege, my cousin Paul does look like Bates. By the way, I'm beginning to think Bates really did kill his wife. What do you think?

      Ron

      Delete
    2. No, say it isn't so -- Bates could not have killed his wife. But I was surprised when he manhandled his prison roommate! What do Bates and the Lord of the manor have in their history going way back? Why is the Lord so bonded to Bates that he protects him?

      Delete