|Broccoli Cauliflower Spicy Hot Chipotle Casserole|
It's been a long time since I posted a recipe but I just have to post this one. It's one I put together last night to take care of the cauliflower and broccoli I had in the vegetable bin in my refrigerator. I got the broccoli from a local market stand so I knew it was fresh. The cauliflower I had leftover from a cream of cauliflower soup I made. I love cauliflower and broccoli and.....STUFFING so I knew there had to be a recipe that combined all three ingredients. I could find one. So what's to do? Make up my own!
I also like spice food and a touch of Mexican cheeses. I LOVE casseroles and I have several boxes of Stove Top Stuffing that I got at BJ's. The big boxes of stuffing, I don't waste my time with those little boxes of stuffing that you get at the local supermarket. I say if you're going to make stuffing, MAKE STUFFING.
So here is my recipe which I have to say turned out fabulously! Not all of my recipes turn out so well, but this one was PERFECTO!
1 8 oz. Stove Top Stuffing Mix For Chicken
2 cups water
5 tbsp butter
2 cups broccoli steamed
2 cups cauliflower steamed
1 cup Panko Spicy Hot Chipotle Bread Crumbs (4C brand)
1 26 oz (Family Size) Cream of Chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded Mexican Cheese mixture (Krafts)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Prepare stuffing mix according to directions on box
- Steam broccoli and cauliflower until just "al dente" (you want it crunchy)
- Mix soup with sour cream
- Spread stuffing mix evenly on bottom of heavy glass casserole dish
- Layer steamed broccoli and cauliflower on top of stuffing
- Spoon soup mix evenly over vegetables
- Sprinkle cheeses over top of soup mix
- Sprinkle those hot and spice Chipotle bread crumbs over cheeses
- Place casserole dish in oven and bake 20 minutes or until top browned
- Remove from oven and cool 5 to 10 minutes
Warning, this is one of those casseroles that you'll keep digging into. It's dangerous!