Monday, November 12, 2012

Ron's Spicy Hot Broccoli Cauliflower Chipotle Casserole

Broccoli Cauliflower Spicy Hot Chipotle Casserole
Hey folks, time for a change of subject (and just about time too huh?)  

It's been a long time since I posted a recipe but I just have to post this one.  It's one I put together last night to take care of the cauliflower and broccoli I had in the vegetable bin in my refrigerator.  I got the broccoli from a local market stand so I knew it was fresh.  The cauliflower I had leftover from a cream of cauliflower soup I made.  I love cauliflower and broccoli and.....STUFFING so I knew there had to be a recipe that combined all three ingredients.  I could find one.  So what's to do?  Make up my own!

I also like spice food and a touch of Mexican cheeses.  I LOVE casseroles and I have several boxes of Stove Top Stuffing that I got at BJ's.  The big boxes of stuffing, I don't waste my time with those little boxes of stuffing that you get at the local supermarket.  I say if you're going to make stuffing, MAKE STUFFING.

So here is my recipe which I have to say turned out fabulously!  Not all of my recipes turn out so well, but this one was PERFECTO!

Ron's 
Spicy Hot Broccoli Cauliflower Chipotle Casserole

Ingredients: 

1 8 oz. Stove Top Stuffing Mix For Chicken
2 cups water
5 tbsp butter
2 cups broccoli steamed
2 cups cauliflower steamed
1 cup Panko Spicy Hot Chipotle Bread Crumbs (4C brand)
1 26 oz (Family Size) Cream of Chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded Mexican Cheese mixture (Krafts)

Preparation:


  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Prepare stuffing mix according to directions on box
  3. Steam broccoli and cauliflower until just "al dente" (you want it crunchy)
  4. Mix soup with sour cream
  5. Spread stuffing mix evenly on bottom of heavy glass casserole dish
  6. Layer steamed broccoli and cauliflower on top of stuffing
  7. Spoon soup mix evenly over vegetables
  8. Sprinkle cheeses over top of soup mix
  9. Sprinkle those hot and spice Chipotle bread crumbs over cheeses
  10. Place casserole dish in oven and bake 20 minutes or until top browned
  11. Remove from oven and cool 5 to 10 minutes


Enjoy!

YUM!


Warning, this is one of those casseroles that you'll keep digging into.  It's dangerous!


"After Ron" 

4 comments:

  1. I too love casseroles, and Mexican food. (no lack of heat here in AZ)
    people dream of all sorts of retirement plans; mine is to continually cook new dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like all things Mexican too Dr. Spo. We have a heavy Hispanic population here in southern Delaware, albeit Guatemalan instead of Mexican. I have a hummus and feta cheese wrap every day for lunch with my homemade soup. I never buy or eat bread anymore.

      Delete
  2. I can't er a I choose not to eat that. It looks delicious. Maybe if I left out he stuffing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeff,

      The cauliflower and broccoli is what makes this so delicious! The stuffing and chipotle seasoning with the cheese and stuffing are all extras that compliment the recipe but this is mainly a veggie recipe. I'm not one for eating slabs of meat, especially half raw pulsating meat. :)

      Ron

      Delete