Thursday, November 15, 2012

Proud to be a Liberal



For this gay American, who is also a veteran and who has had a job since 1951 (and still working), I state here and now my New Rules going forward with my life.  


  1. I will no longer tolerate the imbecile rantings ravings on my FaceBook page, e-mail or in person from my friends, relatives and acquaintances.
  2. When I see these brain washed trash comments from those people I will hide, delete and remove them.
  3. I will not end those friendships and I cannot disown those relatives but I do not and will not be the recipient of their vitriol and hate.  I don't have that much time left in my life and I am just not going to waste my life in such useless arguments.  
Last week I turned 71 years old.  I now realize that these people (yes, I said "these people") are so blinded by their hatred of anything that is different from their Fifties view of life, that they will even vote against their own interests.  I cannot waste my time engaging in a conversation with these people because I just cannot get my head that far up my ass.  Yes, I said it.  

I just don't have the time for it my friends and relatives of those hateful views.  You keep that hate and stew in it.  I cannot and will not help you.  You are beyond help.  

Thanksgiving is here next week.  I am so thankful that our country will have as its leader a man who is concerned about ALL the citizens of this country, not just the 1% and the others they have persuaded to vote against their own interests.  

After President Obama's term ends, Hilary Clinton will be elected president for the next eight years.  Thus, there is an excellent chance that the rest of my life this country will be governed by sane, responsible, and honest people who care about ALL the people.  

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll enjoy my life secure in the knowledge that this country just avoided a major disaster by not electing Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan.  I'm not religious but I'll say it "Thank you Jesus!"





7 comments:

  1. FUCK YEAH! and I am proud to stand with you as a LIBERAL PROGRESSIVE person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES Ann Marie! We have to stick together to fight the thug Repugs.

      Delete
  2. i am right there with you, ron, as far as no longer tolerating a far-right point of view from family and friends. they need to get a taste of what their beliefs create. and if they choose their beliefs over me, then so be it--i know where i stand with them. good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tony,

      I delete their crap immediately when I see it in my e-mails and I either hide or unfriend them on my FB account. I've had enough of the Kool-Aid crap.

      Ron

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10:16 PM

    100% sure Republicans passed the 13th,14th, and 15th amendments in spite of Democrat opposition.
    100% sure Republicans passed civil rights Act despite Democrat opposition.

    just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:38 AM

      That is correct.. You win the internet.

      Delete
  4. Good for you, I have come to the same conclusion. I call it setting boundaries. I don't allow any of the hate and lies into my life and happy you don't either.

    ReplyDelete