Thursday, November 01, 2012

Narrow Escape

It's just now sinking in folks, how close we came to disaster down here on the east coast of Delaware.


If Hurricane Sandy had made landfall fifty miles further south, I wouldn't be writing this blog now. Instead I would be struggling like so many of my fellow Americans are struggling on the coast of New Jersey and New York City.  I feel so bad for those folks, many of whom lost everything.  Thank God the loss of life wasn't greater.



I don't really feel in the mood to write one of my whimsical blog postings that now seem so small and insignificant in the big picture that is slowly unfolding before our eyes now.



The one good thing I am getting out of this whole disaster is the good feeling I am getting by seeing New Jersey governor Chris Christy and President Obama cooperating in cleaning up this mess and getting life back to normal for so many of our fellow citizens who are suffering right now.


Another good thing is that I am pretty sure that Mitt Romney will not be elected president now especially after that phony photo op that his campaign staged in Ohio a few days ago.  It has been revealed that Romney's campaign bought $5,000 worth of canned goods for the "relief effort" that Romney's campaign made sure was a photo op of folks handing Romney bags of canned goods for the hurricane victims.  By the way, just what is a hurricane victim without power supposed to do with CANNED GOODS?  Just saying.


This disaster is showing just how important the Federal government is in playing a role in coordinating all the Federal, state and local agencies in providing IMMEDIATE relief to those affected in the hurricane.  Romney said during the primary that such relief should be left up to the states and "even better" (his words) the PRIVATE SECTOR!  Can you imagine if you house has been blown away by a hurricane, you have no power and you're going to try and find the best for profit company to HELP YOU?  Lots of luck with that.  Of course Romney has shape shifted again and now says he supports Federal assistance.  He will say ANYTHING to get elected.  How anybody at this stage can be undecided just boggles my mind and even more incredulous to me is how anybody can support Romney for president after all his blatant lies and examples of not understanding how regular people live.  I will be SO GLAD when this election is over and Romney and Ryan (Ryan is even worse in my book because he epitomizes evil by his callousness) are GONE, never to be seen again.  It's just a shame that so many people had to lose their lives and so many lost everything to show the sharp contrast between two men, one who actually care about people and one who just says he does.






2 comments:

  1. unbelieveable, innit? all that destruction.

    wish mittens would just blow away...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,

      I feel so bad for those people affected. I just can't imagine.

      Ron

      Delete