Monday, November 26, 2012

Meet The Spo Event

Dr. Spo

FABULOUS NEWS!  

Dr. Spo will be appearing IN PERSON at The Inn At Canal Square in Lewes, DE on March 22nd and 23rd. See here for more information about the Inn.


View of Lewes-Rehoboth Canal from the Inn

Dr. Spo, of "Spo Reflections" blog has informed me that he is initiating this "Spo Shirt Tour", only this time he will be in his Spo Shirt.  See here.


Cubby

Many thanks to Cubby for suggesting this EL GRANDE idea!

Here are the particulars folks. If you're making the trip to Lewes, Delaware call me or send me an e-mail for your hotel reservations.  I have secured a 20% discount of room rates that weekend.  We have VIP suites that sleep six.  They are a complete apartment with two full bedrooms, each with its own bath.  A living room, half bath and a deck right on the canal.  Fabulous!  Split the expenses between six (or even four) and it's not that expensive.


The Inn at Canal Square on the Lewes-Rehoboth Canal

We also have individual rooms.  King size beds (most expensive) and queen size beds, less expensive.  Also two mini-suites that rent as one room but are actually two room.  They rent as one room because they only have one bathroom.

I'm starting to sound like a commercial so I'll just say now contact me by e-mail for more information. ronstales@aol.com.


Ron at your service!

Dr. Spo and Someone. Yes, can you believe it? SOMEONE is also coming.
 

Dr. Spo and Someone

will arrive on Friday, March 23rd.  Saturday, March 24th we will have a catered dinner by Nage from 6 pm to 9 pm in the Parkview Room.  I have secured the room and the booze (including Mark and Fred's champagne from their visit two years ago, it has aged nicely fellas).  For those attending the dinner the cost will be between $25 and $30 (to be determined, haven't talked to Nage yet) per person.  See here for more information about Nage.


Lewes, DE waterfront - The Inn At Canal Square to the right
Lewes is the first town in the first state of Delaware.  It was settled first in 1631 by Dutch settlers who were promptly wiped out by the local Indians. Subsequently the English came in and settled our lovely coastal town and the rest is history. See here for more information.


Cape Henlopen, Lewes, Delaware

The photo above I took yesterday on my iPhone when Dr. Spo called me at the hotel to confirm these plans. Of course he did not know I took this picture so I cannot promise you that he will show up in that same alluring outfit.  

Make your plans folks.  This truly is a Once In A Lifetime Opportunity to meet the great Dr. Spo in person!





20 comments:

  1. ron, if you keep showing THAT pix of me, you will scare away the boyfriends I haven't met yet!

    I have MY hotel reservation; who's gonna join me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made reservations tonight for David Jeffreys and friend, also Mark Himes. Total of four rooms reserved so far including you and Dr Spo.

      Ron

      Delete
    2. Barry and I are really looking forward to meeting so many blog friends! It should be quite a weekend! If you click on my name above, you will see my SFW blogs, especially genealogy. My NSFW blog is uncutplus.blogspot.com.

      Delete
    3. Looking forwars to meeting you too David!

      Delete
  2. Newest on my to-do list -- start reading the blogs of the folks who are coming who I'm unfamiliar with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the same thing Cubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heavens, you make me feel like the Queen Mother.
    I am hoping it is more a 'blogger convention' with as many bloggers to come as possible. I would like to meet totally new and unbeknown to me bloggers, as much as the 'ones I already know". I know whether there are 12 or 120 who will be there will be a pleasure.
    Thank you Ron for doing all this work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,

      I don't think you realize how popular and well liked you are. There are many bloggers like me here on the east coast that would love to meet you (and Someone) in person but would probably never make the trip to your home in Arizona. This is a special occasion that you have generously decided to make the trip east to meet some of you many blogger friends. So far we have about a dozen folks gathering at the hotel to meet the Queen Mother. :)

      Ron

      Delete
  5. Wish I could come! I am looking forward to wonderful photos (thanks Mark) and great posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Nadege, I wish you could come too! Now that would be perfect! Rest assured, many photos (and videos) will be taken and posted to future blogs.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for doing this - I plan on coming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sean,

    This is great news! I am looking forward to meeting you very much.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:02 PM

    KWJoe


    I love reading your blog Ron….I especially love all your photos…very touching ones of you and Bill from years back. I have a Bill too….been together for 17 years….he retired a year ago (62) I’m still working (56). Would love to make the trip. Key West is a very expensive place to live, especially on one and a half incomes I will give it my best however.
    KWJoe

    ReplyDelete
  9. KWJoe,

    Thank you for liking my blog! Hope you can make it to Delaware to meet Dr Spo and Someone!

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all the effort and enthusiasm you're putting into this Ron. I worry about the bathrobe pic setting false expectations. I don't think Spo will be stripping at this event....of course, to quote Mr. Mathis: "it's not for me to say".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harper's Keeper,

      I'm enjoying putting this together. So far we have at least ten fellow bloggers who have signed up. By the way, would you like it if I removed the Bathrobe picture? I was wondering about that myself.

      Ron

      Delete
  11. Not at all - just kidding. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the new picture better. Captures Spo's joie de vivre better don't you think? This is going to be a fun time. Really a Once In a Lifetime for everyone! Always good to have something to look forward too. And I know you guys will love the East Coast. :)

      Delete
  12. I'm confused! March 23rd, 2013 is Saturday, not Friday. Is this a Friday/Saturday thing or Saturday Sunday thing?

    Also, if Mark is coming, so am I!!! HAHAHAHAHA I've been stalking his blog for a long time!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,

      The "event" is a "Friday and Saturday thing." Sorry about the confusion. And yes, Mark is coming with Fred. You'll like them, they're both wonderful.

      Ron

      Delete