Friday, November 09, 2012

Happy Birthday Ron!

Me and Renee - 2006 Brickside Grill, Lionville, PA


Yep it was my birthday today!  I had a wonderful day.  Didn't do anything special, just hung around the house all day checking my Facebook account and all my birthday wishes.  Very nice!  And I got an early morning FaceTime birthday wish from the adorable Dr. Spo. 

I've only had two birthday parties for moi in my life.  The picture above was the second one.  It was taken in 2006 at the Brickside Grill in Eagleview, Lionville, Pennsylvania.  Every Wednesday I used to go to Trivia Night (oh how I loved those nights) and this Wednesday happened to be my birthday. My friends Carole, Renee and Sheila brought birthday hats and those silly blow streamers for me.  After a couple of martinis I was feeling pretty good!

I was looking for the photo from my 40th birthday party through my thousands of pictures but I couldn't find it.  Regular readers of this blog have seen it many times already so no big deal.  

I would have liked to have gone out tonight but these days I don't drive at night.  Nobody was beating down my door to take me out so here I sit at my computer telling you all about it.  Don't Cry For Me Argentina though, I'm doing quite well.  Besides, I don't hold my booze that well these days anyway.  One martini and I'm buzzed.  

So here I am embarking on my 72nd year.  God can you believe it?  I'm trapped in this old body!  Of course I still think young.  Thank goodness my juices still aren't flowing like they were when I was a 21 year old or else I would have a real problem.  

Seriously though, I never thought I would reach this age.  I thought I would be lucky to reach 60 years of age.  It's all Gravy Time now folks.  

Oh, by the way, this year I received the best birthday present ever, the reelection of President Obama. If you'll remember, I've been a bit down the past month or so when there was a real possibility that Mitt Romney would win.  After having survived eight years of the disastrous Bush/Cheney regime, I just could not imagine going down that dark tunnel again, especially since I am one of the 47% that Mitt Romney says he "cared nothing about."  

Happy birthday to me!

My 38th birthday party - 1980





24 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Ron! I hope your day was fantastic. Being young at heart is definitely what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jon. I appreciate your friendship even though we have differing political views. You're not alone though, about half of my friends and I have different political views. We can still be friends though, can't we? And yes, I am definitely young at heart. My outlook on life will never be "old man". :)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:55 PM

    Happy, Happy Birthday Ron!!! I expect to read your wisdom for years to come. My Mom is 84 and still does most everything she did as a spring chicken. I am so happy you got your birthday wish, it's the best present for so many people.

    Cindy from Sonoma

    PS...If I'd known I would have baked you a cake and sent it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! (And many mooooore.) You didn't really need a present today, did you? You already got it on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan! Yes, I did receive my birthday present on Tuesday. The best ever! Now I can relax and not have to worry about my retirement.

      Delete
  4. Happy [belated] Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. many happy returns !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dr. Spo, my friend. :)

      Delete
  6. fun times; HAPPY BIRTHDAY RON!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very many happy returns for yesterday, Ron (with thanks to A.M. of Philly for bringing it to my attention) - If I say ".....and may you have MANY more" it might not be what you want to hear, unless it were coupled with a miraculous, perfect, carefree, health condition; but I do send my best wishes to you in that hopeful spirit.
    Hope you had a fine, enjoyable day, buoyed up with the afterglow of the election result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clock is ticking Ray but I'll make the most of what time I have left, you can count on that!

      Delete
    2. I know EXACTLY what you mean, Ron. I'd like to say that you are "showing me the way to do it" but as there's not that much between us it could well be me who bows out first. We've got no alternative but to take the cards dealt to us, have we?

      Delete
    3. Ray

      "It is what it is". I'm very happy I got this far and still have the mental capacity to enjoy my memories and make new ones. I am so appreciative of all my blogger buddies too! Thanks again!

      Ron

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://youtu.be/0sKrOO4aMpc :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger! :)

      Delete
  10. i hope you had a wonderful day, ron! so great that you have your health and your mind intact...wishing you many more like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mind is still intact Tony. Health? Relatively so but starting to fray around the edges if you know what I mean. :) I plan to have many more. I'm shooting for 90! :)

      Delete
  11. and MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY MORE . . . . .!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David. I wish I could get all my blogger buddies together in one location and have a grand party!

      Delete
  12. Belated Happy Birthday, handsome. Hope it still counts :-)

    ReplyDelete