Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

"Witch" Alexandrea, my boss's daughter who paid a visit to us at work today - BOO!


Happy Halloween everyone!  I just had my first visit from neighborhood trick or treaters.  I had my bucket of candy (properly wrapped thank you) ready for them.  Earlier I put my fake pumpkin with a light in it in the window to let the neighborhood kids that I am tricking (not the first time I've said that word by the way, but that's another WHOLE different story and this is a family blog).

Somehow, tonight just doesn't feel like Halloween.  I just cannot get in the mood.  A lot of it has to do with the election and the incredible lies and dirty politics that the Romney campaign and the Republicans are descending to in Ohio to convince those "undecided voters" that President Obama is the devil incarnate.  I think we all know who the devil is but again, I won't go into that in this blog posting.  

I'm also a bit down thinking about all those poor folks in New Jersey and New York who have lost their homes as a result of this horrible Hurricane Sandy.  I also feel a little bit guilty because when I saw that Sandy was going to hit the very spot on the east shore of Delaware where I live (Lewes) I was hoping it would move forward a bit and hit Atlantic City and New Jersey instead.  It did!  The hurricane actually took an abrupt turn and moved fifty miles north and DID HIT Atlantic City.  I now have Survivor's Guilt.  The only solace I am getting from this whole disaster is seeing how New Jersey governor Chris Christy (who I am liking more and more every day) and President Obama are cooperating to bring relief to all those affect by this monster storm.  How unlike the government's response to Katrina.  I can't believe that "Brownie", that worthless political hack that Bush appointed to head FEMA during the Hurricane Katrina crime disaster said Obama responded "too fast."  Just when you think someone can't get any more reprehensible, they prove they can go even lower.  How do these people sleep at night?  I know, they have no conscience.  

Look at me, here I've gone off in the wrong direction again. I'll be SO GLAD when this election is over.  I feel so thankful that we dodged a bullet with this storm.  I hope those who weren't so lucky lives return to normal very soon.  

6 comments:

  1. we have no kids in our hood, so we buy no candy. we don't need it anyway! :)

    brownie is a spotted turd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, how could you turn down a sweetheart like this witch? I only had two visits by trick or treaters tonight. I'm getting ready to close that door. Candy left over! Bill will take care of that.

      Delete
  2. Happy All Hallows Eve!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,

      I had candy left over tonight! Only two knocks at the door. The word must be out.

      Ron

      Delete
  3. Living in a rural area, on a dark road, at the end of a long dark driveway, even leaving the lights on garners no T'or'T'ers, so we have never bought candy, or gieven candy out, since moving to Smallville.

    And, I, too, am so ready for this election to be over. Of course, as my Dad reminded me, as soon as it's over they start the campaign for 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob,

      In Pennsylvania we lived at the end of our own private 500 yard twisting lane back in the woods. First year there we were ready for the trick or treaters. NO ONE CAME. Surprise! We live in a diversified neighborhood now. Some families, some retirees and some gay folks. It's what I call a "Goldielocks Neighborhood", just right. We get a few trick or treaters but not too many. Just right.

      Ron

      Delete