Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Class Reunion


Once upon a time there were about one hundred young people who lived in the small Pennsylvania town called Downingtown.  The year was 1959.  These kids were the last class of the Fifties.

They graduated June 2, 1959 on a grassy high school football field behind their school.  They were full of hope and aspiration for what the future would hold.

Fast forward fifty-three years.  These "kids" were now in their early 70's.  Perhaps old of body but still young of mind as they gathered together at the Chicago Bar and Grill restaurant in Lionville, Pennsylvania for their 53rd class reunion.

This is a iMovie that I made of that gathering of those former classmates.  All of the photos were taken by my blogger buddy Mark H. of "Our Simple Lives......"  One photo was taken by me which in included because Mark the photographer is in the photo.  See if you can spot him.

Thank you Mark and thank you fellow classmates for making our reunion such a wonderful occasion.

See you all next year!

Ronald W. Tipton, DHS Graduate 1959







9 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:01 PM

    Ron,
    Fabulous job, you simply amaze me with your computer and photography skills. The older you get the better you get.
    Thanks again,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jack! Fabulous! Thanks for taking the time to figure out how to comment. They don't make it easy do they?

      Yes, I do some things better the older I get but some things I still screw up. Again, sorry for any misunderstanding.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous6:10 PM

    Ron,
    Fabulous job, you simply amaze me with your computer and photography skills. The older you get the better you get.
    Thanks again,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:21 PM

    Ron,
    Fabulous job, you simply amaze me with your computer and photography skills. The older you get the better you get.
    Thank again,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack,

      I gladly accept you compliments! As they say, "I'm not getting older, I'm just getting better." Still, I wouldn't mind looking like the 38 year old young guy who is pictured at the top of this blog. ;)

      Ron

      Delete
  4. What wonderful pictures! Great job Mark (standing up with the blue shirt)! I would think the man with the beard is your former class mate and the woman with the bonnet his wife? Everyone seems genuinely happy to be there and all must have had a wonderful time. Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadege,

      You spotted Mark! The man with the beard is David Fidler and his wife Naomi are Mennonites who live in Pennsylvania Dutch County. Funny thing, Dave was somewhat of a "hippie" during his school days. Imagine our surprise when at our first reunion he shows up in that gear! He's still the same "Dave" we've always known and his wife Naomi is pretty cool too. They raised a wonderful family. Sometimes there are happy endings.

      Ron

      Delete
  5. and they lived happily ever after!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they did Anne Marie! I'm lucky, I had the best class. The last one of the Fifties! All great folks.

      Delete