Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Dover Mall


Me at Macy's at the Dover Mall yesterday - HOME!

Back to something light again today folks.  My last posting was purging my system of some heavy thoughts.  Now that I have that out of the way, I'm back to the light fare.

We're having just some beautiful days here in southern Delaware.  Granted, we could use some rain.  The lack of rain, the wind and the heavy pollen count is producing some breathing problems here at Casa Tipton-Kelly.

Yesterday was Chore Day.  I had to take my 2010 Red Subaru Forester for a gas and oil change, tire rotation and checkup at the Dover Subaru Auto Mall.  I'm going to give a mini-commercial for Dover Subaru.  They have the BEST service department I've ever dealt with in my life, absolutely the best!  I'm used to surly or at best indifferent service from dealerships that I've dealt with in the past.  Let me tell you dealing with Dover Subaru is a very pleasant experience.  They know what service is about.  From the time I walked in and was greeted with a genuine smile from "Jimmy" from behind the service desk until I picked up my sparkling clean car about an hour later, the whole process was pleasant and NOT EXPENSIVE.  Their good customer service must emanate from the top.  Other businesses could learn from them.

My appointment was as 9:00 a.m.  Jimmy told me it would be about an hour wait so Bill and I took a walk over to the Dover Mall.  The mall didn't open until 10 a.m. but we could walk around inside.  Below are some pictures I took with appropriate captions.  By the way, Bill hates for me to take his picture so all of the pictures I took of him were unposed.  He's not going to be thrilled that I posted them on this blog but I  can deal with that (I think).

Bill strolling to the mall














Yep, that's me.  You didn't think I would post pictures of my blog without at least a couple of me did you?

What the mall looks like before it opens, only old people walking the halls getting their morning exercise
Bill patiently waiting for the mall to open - he eventually got chased away from this stool when the guy who owns the booth showed up - OOPS!




A window display of women's casual clothes - let me tell you that as a gay man looking at this hot outfit for a woman, I actually felt faint "stirrings" - OMG - maybe I'm not 100% gay!  But then I came back to reality because there is no woman on earth who has this kind of bod....is there?



Bill is drawn to Radio Shack like a magnet.  Put him in any mall and he'll find the Radio Shack store in minutes.


Me taking a picture of myself on the TV monitor - I've always been fascinated by these TV monitors in the window of stores that I pass in the mall - fascinated!

An empty food court at the Mall - won't stay that way for long!

J.C. Penney - yes, I made a purchase there yesterday.  I never go into a J. C. Penney's without making a purchase.  Thanks Ellen!


14 comments:

  1. I've never been in a mall that empty before. Give me a few years and I'm sure I'll be a regular mall-walker!
    Hope you've been well.
    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark,

      I refuse to "walk the mall!" ;) I would rather walk outside in the wind and cold than be "one of THOSE old people" who walks the mall. Pride you know. :) Always good to hear from you Mark. I got my portrait picture taken at Walmart a couple weeks ago. Not too bad. I'll post it soon. One thing, it was a LOT CHEAPER than the one I was going to get done by the local portrait photographer. A LOT!

      Ron

      Delete
  2. Please tell Bill I love to see his picture to see how he is doing. Glad you are feeling a lighter post today. Have a great day.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa,

    I'll be glad to tell Bill you like his pictures! I'm sure he will appreciate the attention. He hates to have his picture taken. Just ask Mark (the previous commenter).

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  4. anne marie in philly6:33 PM

    ok, I am begging for rain to get rid of this damn pollen. your house looks lovely at the top.

    bill should be proud that you want to feature his pix on your blog; love conquers all. {{{{{hugs}}}}} to bill.

    "there is no woman on earth who has this kind of bod....is there?" - my 28 year old niece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,

      After I made that comment I thought "That was awfully arrogant of me to say that." I take it all back! Congrats to your niece. Wow, she must have some body. :)

      Ron

      Delete
  5. I have to read the rest of the post but scanned the pics and my first thought of the "hot outfit" after reading your caption was, "looks like what gay men in the 70"s wore with constructions boots".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sean

      You're right! I thought I recognized that outfit. The Seventies were my time. :)

      Ron

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,

      Bill and I do have a good time together. We're due to go on our annual Trek South next month. Always a good time with My Bill.

      Ron

      Delete
  7. I hate to have my picture taken too as I am not photogenic at all and just don't like to pause.
    I am glad you are back to your happy self Ron.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadege,

      I understand that some people don't like to have their picture taken. I'm just an old narcissist, I love to have my picture taken. That doesn't mean they're all good though. :) Yes, I'm back to my old happy self. Sometimes I have these dips (valleys) in my life that I have to get through, just like most other people.

      Delete
  8. There weren't many people in the mall eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tai,

      I took those pictures before the mall shops opened at 10 a.m. The mall itself opens to accomodate older folks who want to walk through the hallways for excercise. That is a custom in this country because in the winter it is too cold to walk outside and for older people, sometimes too dangerous to walk on the streets.
      Ron

      Delete