Sunday, February 26, 2012

Two Oscar Worthy Scenes




The Oscars are tonight.  We'll all have to endure the seemingly endless self congratulatory proclamations of the Hollywood phonies raising their Oscar statuettes above their heads showing us the Oscar base (I hope it doesn't say "Made in China").

I will endure all the thanking of "My wife, my Mother and my children without whom this wouldn't be possible" (give us a break) just to see Viola Davis receive the award for Best Actress and Octavia Davis receive the award for Best Supporting Actress.

I don't care for that cutsie poo silent film nor another George Clooney Suave-Vo Moment.  And please God, no Oscar for Brad Pitt.  His time is SO OVER.

I'll try and take notes tonight while the Oscars are on and give a scathing review tomorrow.  That is if I can stay awake.

7 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, the Academy Awards are nothing like they used to be. Glamour, for the most part, is dead.
    I actually sneaked (snuck??) into the Academy Awards one time during my reckless youth in Hollywood. I just wrote about it in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon,

    I used to love the Academy Awards. I remember the days when Rita Hayworth, Barbara Stanwyck and Elizabeth Taylor attended the awards. Just not the same today is it?
    Thanks for the tip of your visit the Academy Awards ceremony. I would like to read about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'The Help', which I still haven't seen, is coming to this area (second time around) on Thursday at a very convenient time of day. Trouble is it's at a cinema where it'll cost me, train fare and admission fee combined, about £13 ($20 American) at a time when I'm counting the pennies. So I'm wondering if I should sacrifice a fair chunk of my weekly food budget to see this film which so many are talking about - even moreso now since yesterday's Oscars? Oh, decisions, decisions! Only wish I'd seen it before when it would have cost me half the price.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read 'The Help' this past summer and I'm looking forward to seeing the movie. It is coming via Netflix this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scott,

    You will love this movie! When I got it on Netflix, I saw it one night. Then I had to see it again the next day with Bill. Then I saw it again with my neighbor Barbara. Three times in two days! And each time I got something new out of it. I loved this movie! You will too. I guarantee it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ray,

    Do you have a Netflix account of a way you could rent the DVD? That's the way I saw it. You'll want to see it again for what you miss in the first showing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ron. you might remember from a few days ago, that I don't own a DVD player. Yes, I know you said they weren't expensive, but for me in my present financial state it really is beyond my means. I do hope I'll manage to get one later this year sometime. But thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete