Sunday, February 12, 2012

Top Seven Music Divas Who I Care Nothing About

The death of Whitney Houston brings to mind that there are other music divas who will continue their outrageous and selfish ways on the pop culture scene.  For the next few weeks we will be bombarded with how wonderful Whitney Houston was.  Yes, she did have a beautiful singing voice.  Yes, she was physically beautiful.  But please, let's put on hold the beatification process.  She wasn't quite a saint.  Just like the following gallery of women who have a talent for singing but do not have a talent for humility, generosity and good manners.  To me an entertainer is someone who I respect and admire.  None of these women fall into that category.  Of course I realize that they would think the same of me, after all these women belong into the category of "Do you know who I am!?!" Yes I do dear, and I don't care.  I guess I could consider  myself lucky that none of them would probably ever check into the hotel where I work at the front desk because once I got the command "Do not look directly into her eyes when she passes through the lobby" I would tell that person where to go.  Yes, I would be UNPROFESSIONAL.

So here we go, a list of some of the most nauseating, overpriced, unprofessional, selfish, heartless female pop stars on the scene today (with the possible exception of "Miss Ross" who is a has-been - sorry MISS ROSS, I call them like I see them)

Britney - Miss Trailer Trash herself - she can have all the money in the world but she still has no class

Celine Dione - Old Horse Face herself - ain't no amount of money going to change that face

Christina - you're getting fat honey

Mariah - such a sweet girl- she's the one who was envious of starving African's because "they're so thin, I wish I could be like that.
"

The Original Diva - stick a fork in her, she's done

Jennifer (aka Jo-Lo)- One of the biggest scams on the music scene today - she can't sign, act and certainly isn't beautiful - she has a big ass

Madonna - she of the faux British accent and rope arms


Next posting, divas who have earned the right to the name "Diva."  Yes Virginia, there are actually some women pop stars who are divas that I admire.  You know why?  Because they don't take themselves seriously and they know this is all a Big Game.  Plus, they have a heart unlike the "ladies" above.

11 comments:

  1. anne marie in philly6:12 PM

    most of them are "has beens", as was whitney.

    madonna's new song sounds like a rehash of "beautiful stranger".

    are we getting to be a couple of old farts? get offa my lawn (shakes cane)!

    I like lady gaga and adele for current singers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron,

    Okay, you been doing a lot of posts, but I wonder. Are you procrastinating about My Life?

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lar,

    No, I just had to get some "things"out of my system. Plus, I have to be in the right mood to do my autobiography posts. I was going to do one this morning, this time my Mother's side of the family. Perhaps I'll do it tomorrow. I've also been updating my Find a Grave photos. I have been procrastinating on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne Marie,

    I LOVE Lady Gaga and Adele! LOVE THEM. And they aren't batshit crazy either. I LIKE THAT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL like your captions Ron LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Lady Gaga and appreciate Adele's musical talents, but they are relative newcomers compared to your diva list.

    So one may wonder if it is only a matter of time??

    Of course, in saying that, I never got the feeling that Madonna, Diana, Mariah or Whitney never truly cared about anybody but themselves.

    Then again, if I think about the ultimate diva, Cher, who has been in the business longer than any of the above, still gives a feeling of being down to earth and caring.

    Then there are the people like Barbra Streisand, who I think is totally self absorbed and nearly batshit, but raises millions for fantastic causes...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hank,

    We are in agreement 100%! Cher is a diva but a "good diva". I love her. You're right, she still gives the feeling of being down to earth and caring. I never really cared for her voice but I think she is a fabulous person who puts on a grand show and doesn't take herself all that seriously. For all her parading around, I get the feeling she is also in on the joke with us.

    Barbra Streisand, I used to like her when she first became popular at 21 years old in the Broadway show "I Can Get it For You Wholesale". We're the same age. I bought all her records early on. However, in the 80's when I discovered what a self absorbed control bitch she was with the "No one must look me directly into my eyes" attitude, I got rid of all her records. Her singing is torturing a song to death. She is all about mechanics, there is no feeling to her singing. She is a 100% self-absorbed, phony whose time is LONG PAST.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tai,

    Thank you! I love doing bitchy comments, especially on major diva bitches like I featured in my blog posting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Criticizing some performer for lack of talent or bad attitude is one thing, Ron, but for the life of me I cannot figure out your vendetta [seems like] against Celine Dion based on her ("old horse face") physical appearance. Whether or not you prefer her to other artists, she is undeniably a spectacular talent. Would you mind elaborating for the record? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh David, all the divas I listed have talent. That is obvious. But their talent is overshadowed by their outrageous demands to satisfy their egos. Celine Dion is one of the worst. And she does have a horse face. No amount of money or make-up will change that fact. Physical appearance and talent are two different things. I've been criticized all my life for my looks. I can take it. Some can't.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have mixed feelings about Barbra.

    On the one hand, I know she is a totally self absorbed control freak with a god complex.

    On the other hand, I wish I was her.

    I feel for her son, though. Can you imagine being gay (well, that part is not so difficult to imagine) and then your mother being one of the biggest gay icons of all time?

    ReplyDelete