Tuesday, February 28, 2012

"Sweet Battle Axe"

Me (see reflection) hard at work taking photos of cemetery headstones for F.A.G.


As regular readers of my blog know I am a Find a Grave volunteer.  The past couple of weeks I've been updating my account with photos and information on graves that I took at the Union Cemetery in Georgetown, Delaware.

Updating my Find a Grave.com account is my stress reliever.

So while I was updating my Find a Grave. com account this morning I came across this headstone.  I had to laugh out loud.  I LOVE IT!

Christine Hawes
April 5, 1928 - Feb 28, 1983
Wife of James Ernest
"Thank you sweet battle axe for
24 years of hell and happiness"
Jim

4 comments:

  1. I am sure her family got a "kick" out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roger,

    Nothing like leaving a Zinger for Eternity.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!! i think i will use similar verbiage on the hubbin's stone after i kill him...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like they had a very honest relationship, or she was just a... um... down to earth woman.

    ReplyDelete