Monday, February 13, 2012

Migrating Snow Geese at Oyster Rocks

Bill and I just returned from our sunset drive down Oyster Rocks Road.  Now that the days are longer, I occasionally take Bill for a ride down Oyster Rocks Road, which is right outside of our development.

The road is a dead end, ending at the Broadkill River.  As the sun sets for the day, we find this a peaceful way to end the day.  No fighting traffic on the six lane Route 1.  No fighting for a parking place to go to an overpriced restaurant serving mediocre food.  Not for us that stress and aggravation.  For these Two Old Men, a relaxing three mile ride down Oyster Rocks Road to the Broadkill River to listen to the migrating snow geese, who are returning to Canada, is what we like to do.  Doesn't cost anything either.

I work tomorrow night and the next night at hotel.  I just got a text message from my co-worker.  He tells me everyone is sick.  I don't want to hear that.  I just got over a three week cold.   I don't want another one!

Watching those migrating snow geese this late afternoon with my Bill (even though they're hard to see on the video) was just the thing I needed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment