Saturday, February 18, 2012

But Ya Ahh Blanche, Ya Ahh In That Chair!

Ain't I pretty? Ron sans makeup.  Head wound exposed.  


Okay folks, here it is "Head Wound Ron."  The numbness has worn off, the pain is gone, and I took the bandage off.  I have one stitch in my noggin for the next week.  I have to apply a band aid again for the next two days then I let my cut forehead open to the air.  I get the stitch out next Friday.

Dr. Chang will perform another procedure on me at that time.  This time to remove a growth at the base of my backbone.  I'm not looking forward to that cutting either.  I don't like to have my body sliced upon.  Needs to be done though.  I feel like I'm falling apart.  Wait, I am falling apart.

6 comments:

  1. anne marie in philly5:22 PM

    doesn't look too bad today. it's still you under that stitch. smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still me Anne Marie! Battered but still me! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe me, I know the feeling of falling apart. I just hope I'm never confined to a chair like Blanche.
    That's one of my all-time favorite films - - and one of my absolute favorite lines in it. Bette Davis was robbed when she didn't win the Academy Award for Best Actress that year!!! It was one of her greatest roles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jon,

    Isn't Bette Davis just the best? In the few seconds of this film clip just look at all she conveys just with her facial expression and body language and then with those never to be forgotten words "But ya are Blanche!" Oh Bette, how we miss you!

    And yes Jon, I am falling apart. It doesn't get any better. It's all downhill from here on sad to say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may be falling apart, but they seem to be stitching you back together alright!

    I don't have sound on my computer, here at work so I can only see the expressions and you are correct. There does not have to be any sound to know what old Bette is saying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hank,

    You don't need sound when you watch Bette. She is just that good. She was fabulous. There will never be another like her. However, with sound she is even better!

    ReplyDelete