Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Easily Amused


I am easily amused.  I don't need to go to a rock concert, or a NBA basketball game.  No sir (or ma'am), I amuse myself (now stop that) often.  My latest "amusement" is a solar powered thing-a-mig-jig that rotates two crystals that are attached to a window with suction cups.  Once the sunlight warms up the mini-solar panels the two crystals rotate, dispersing rainbow colored lights throughout the room containing the window.

I discovered this delightful little device while visiting a friend's house last summer and noticed rainbows crawling across his walls. I asked him "Don, what is THAT?"  He told me it was a little solar powered device that he purchased from the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA).  Of course I HAD to have one.

I got one, then two, then three, then four!  I liked them so much I got another one as a gift for a friend.  Then I got two more as Christmas gifts for more friends.  So far, all the recipients of my gifts like them.

It is little things like this that make life more bearable. Sometimes it doesn't take much.  Who needs drugs when you can go on a real Trip naturally?

8 comments:

  1. Every house needs a little bling in the window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob,

    I love bling! I love sparkle! I love sequins! This is one Gay Gene I didn't miss out on. Broadway show tunes? Yes. Bling? No.

    ReplyDelete
  3. anne marie in philly6:35 PM

    little rainbow flags! cool; now I need to get one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. give me a couple of pencils and I can stay busy for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dr. Spo,

    Same here, it really doesn't take a lot to keep me amused. Many couldn't handle my hotel job because I literally go hours without any guest contact. I have to keep myself "amused" someway. I never have a problem. I know others who get bored so easily. I've never had that problem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Ron. Not new to reading your blog, but new to commenting. I know this is your blog. I'm not criticizing this post just making a suggestion. I want one of these (to start) and knowing what it is called would have made my search a little easier. I feel the same way you do: everybody needs a little bling in their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Russ,

    I tried to bring up the MOMA (Museum of Modern Art) website but they're having problems. However, they did leave a phone number that that you can call. It is 1-800-851-4509. Just ask for the "Solar Powered Window Crystals." Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For anyone interested in this item (and no, I don't work for MOMA), it can be ordered from MOMA on the Internet. It is item 51300 and cost #36.00 plus shipping and handling. It is well worth it! I have several and may get more as a gift.

    ReplyDelete