Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Blog Make Over



Well folks, as you probably notice I've made over my blog.  I sure did!

I've had my blog since 2005.  I start out slow and actually dropped off for several months in 2005 and 2006.  Then at the urging of a former friend I picked up my blog postings until the present time where I blog almost every day.  Ironically the that friend dismissed me as a friend last month because he didn't like "three" things that I said in my blog.  So much for that friendship, which really wasn't a friendship but that's a subject for another blog posting which I may or not post about.

Blogging is part of my  daily life now.  I have four blogs now.  This blog is my most active.

My other blogs are:


  • My autobiography blog- updated weekly
  • My genealogy blog - sporadically updated
  • Word Press blog - this blog I started a few weeks ago the main reason being that I wanted an uncluttered blog which is what Word Press offers.  


This blog is my "bells and whistles" blog. No ads on this but I do like all the other extras.  I also like the ease of use. I like the uncluttered format of Word Press but maneuvering around their website definitely isn't user friendly.  I'll learn it eventually.  I'll probably keep my Word Press blog with the same design.

However, with this blog expect constant changes.  This time I'm in a colorful mood.  I like a lot of color.  The trick is not to make the blog format so "busy" that my actual blog posting is lost in all the "busyness."

So if you like this new format let me know.  If you don't, let me know also.  Be kind.


12 comments:

  1. When folks change their blog's appearance, I only notice that it's different and I forget what it looked like before. I know, that's silly.
    Anyway, this looks good to me. Maybe it will appeal less or more to me down the road. I don't know, but really, as long as it appeals to you then that's all that matters.
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron,

    You could widen the post area some, which is easy to do. I am always a bit leary of black backgrounds and color text. Sometimes these become difficult to read. So far your's seems okay.

    How do I get to your WordPress Blog?

    I hope you just aren't procrastinating about writing your life,,,or reading mine for that matter.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's easy to read, a must for me as the eyes grow older....sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Larry,

    I've taken your suggestion and widened my post column. It does look better. To answer your question am I procrastinating writing my autobiography blog?
    No, I've been busy updating my 700 plus Find a Grave photos and information to Find a Grave. As I told you before I have competition down here for the Find a Grave accounts and I have to update those accounts before Corey (my competition does). I don't want to have wasted my time taking all those photos.
    I'll catch up on your blog postings when I go to work the next five days in a row. Yep, I'm working tonight tomorrow night, during the day Friday and Saturday and Sunday night. My first priority in my blog postings is my daily blog. I only intend to update my autobiography blog about once a week.

    The Find a Grave postings are taking longer than I thought because I'm cross referencing a lot of information I have from my Ancestry.com accounts. I like doing all this activity. I have to balances everything out. Not enough hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mark,

    It was time for a change! Your support and advice is always welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bob,

    I find it easier to read also. Thanks for your input.

    ReplyDelete
  7. anne marie in philly8:18 PM

    manly yes, but I like it too! (to quote an old soap commercial)

    easier to read, bigger type...what's NOT to like? old farts like us need this! ;-b

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like tinkering around with my format from time to time. I also like wordpress for its simplicity. When I took up blogging again I wanted something plain and straightforward.
    I do like the white on black.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scott,

    I like the simplicity of Word Press also. I like the format of your blog. However, I also like the bells and whistles of Blogger. So I guess I'll keep both blogs. I do find Word Press more difficult though. Maybe it's because I'm not used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is nothing like a new frock to brighten up the day. I like the new look. You inspire me to try a few new outfits of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dr. Spo,

    Every now and then I have to change it up. I start boring myself with the same old format. Always room for a new look I say.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anne Marie,

    I LOVE the big fonts!

    ReplyDelete