Thursday, December 15, 2011

Something Pretty

Tennessee garden April 2011

I'm running late today folks.  Not going to do a "proper post" as my friend Dr. Spo says.  However, I did want to post SOMETHING so why not something pretty?  I was sorting through my huge backlog of digital photos that I took during our trip Down South this past spring. I have yet to do a "proper post" on that trip but here is one of the images I brought back with me   I think I took this photo at the garden of the motel we stayed on the Quiet Side of Cades Cove, Tennessee when we visited there this past April.

We're looking forward to going back this spring. This will be the third year of a Trip South.  We started these trips so Bill could visit his old hometown in Toccoa, Georgia.  I added a stop to visit my brother John and his wife Barbara in Greenville, South Carolina.  Along the way we also visited Johnson City, Tennessee which is right over the border from my Ancestral Roots, which are the western North Carolina mountains that border eastern Tennessee.  My dad, grandparents and all his brother were born up there in those hillbilly hollers.   So beautiful up there in those hills.  This is just a taste.

1 comment:

  1. anne marie in philly6:48 PM

    since everything is now dark and grey, these colorful flowers make my day!

    (I'm a poet and I don't know it)

    ReplyDelete