Monday, November 14, 2011

My Tarot Card Reading

Me 1966 - one of the many recently discovered slide photos which I've never seen before.  This one was taken of me trying to get a little sun in South Carolina during our (me and Bill) trip South.  Check out my pompadour,  pure Sixties Style.  Did I actually ever have that much hair?




My fellow blogger and friend Dr. Spo generously provided me with my first Tarot card reading.  Yes folks,  this is my first ever Tarot card reading.  In fact, in all my seventy years on this earth I haven't even had a palm reading.  


I received Dr. Spo's e-mail with the results of my first ever Tarot card reading with some skepticism. However after reading it I was pleasantly surprised.  The reading is right on the mark!  


Below is Dr. Spo's reading with my comments.  


I apologize this is late. I did ~ 2 dozen readings on All Hallow’s Eve. I did a basic reading spread, using 7 cards.
Card #1  - “The Card about you” (in your nowadays status)
Card #2 - “Home” matters
Card #3 - “Work” - or what you are doing/keeping you busy
Card #4 - “The Relationship Card” viz. how you/others are doing, and the energies happening.
Card #5 - “Positive Energies”: the matters you should be aware of and use.
Card #6 - “Negatives Energies” : things thwarting you/impeding you/tripping you up.
Card #7 - The “Summary” Card. A sort of what the future holds OR what is your status. It is more a mirror held up to you, rather than ‘this is what will happen”. 

I used a Deck called “The Hallowe’en Tarot”, which has suits of pumpkins, ghosts, bats, and imps.  While it is easier for me to lay out 7 cards and read the ‘gestalt’, it is not much fun for you. So, I have them explained one by one.

#1- Ace of Imps - 
You are on the verge of new activities/possibly new career.  Or, work is much on your mind - or addressing work should be a priority right now. 



This is true because I have decided to start my biography.  I also have renewed my genealogy research and scanning the rest of my photos into my computer.  I want to complete all these tasks before I die and time is running out.  At 70 years old, I'm not going to be around for another fifty years.
#2- The Devil - Worries or being overwhelmed by house matters. Apparently you are worried or fretting too much about things at home, and it isn’t that bad.  Don’t let home overwhelm you.



I do get nervous thinking about all I have to do by "house matters."  I have a lot of cleaning out to do, sending items to the local thrift stores.  I worry that I won't have enough time to do everything that I want to do before I die. 
#3-10 of Imps - more ‘work’ cards.  but this is about trying to get a lot of tasks gathered up. Too much work/too many projects etc.  



Oh I definitely feel that I have too many tasks here at home from keeping house to sorting out my accumulation of "things" from the past seventy years.  I want to complete my biography, scanning photos, updating genealogy.  I take one thing at a time.
#4-Wheel - Something is about to change - or you need to change - something about current relationships. Considering all the work cards , perhaps this is about changing relations at work.



There is something going on at work but I prefer not to go into it at this public forum.  I suspect some of my co-workers read my blog.


#5-3 Imps - a positive card, meaning the changes are heading to an improvement



Not to be too cryptic but I do feel changes for the positive happening in my life.  I've always been optimistic about life and I don't feel that the good things in my life are finished yet.  I await the next Big Thing.
#6-Empress - some nasty woman is a problem (at work?) or this means don’t be a bitch about work, but utilize your strengths. 



Oh yes, there have been some "issues" at work that I addressed recently.  I feel optimistic about a positive outcome.  Yes, I have tended to be a bitch about about work but have decided to utilize my strengths instead of going negative.
#7-3 Ghosts - good outcome! 



I feel very positive about having a good outcome to my upcoming biopsy to check for prostate cancer. The procedure is scheduled for January 6th, 2012 so I have this cloud hanging over my head until that time but I feel positive.


In summary: You have a lot of ‘imps’ which means emphasis of work/activity. This read says you need to focus matters on work viz. be aware of matters there for they are of great influence.  Don’t be nasty about it, but firm. It will work out. 

That’s what I see. I am curious to hear later on if this is insightful, useful, or accurate. Feedback gives me guidance to better my readings.



Thank you Dr. Spo for taking time to do a Tarot reading for me.  It was very interesting and insightful.  I appreciate your generosity.  

10 comments:

  1. I was a boy in South Carolina in 1966. Maybe it was a glimpse of that hottie in the chaise lounge that tipped the scales to gay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron,

    What I see is a lot of wide generalities into which you supply your own specifics, they way most this mumbo-jumbo fortune telling stuff works.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam,

    That "Hottie" in the chaise lounge was ME! I was born gay. I've know I was gay since I was four years old. When I came out at 21 years old I wasn't all that butch. I've butcher it up over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark,

    Oh yes, I smoked. For about seven years I smoked Marlboros, a pack a day, sometimes more. I quit July 15th, 1967. Haven't smoked since.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lar,

    The generalities, you might be on to something there!
    Of course you could say the same thing about religion and praying. Organized religion seems to use the same methodology.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I call'em as I see'em. I hope it was insightful enough for you do be mindful and act accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And, Larry's Tarot Card reading says he needs to lighten up. (just don't publish!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dr. Spo,

    You are right on the mark with Larry. I've known Larry since 3rd grade. All those years I've been telling him to lighten up. He's still uptight. We have a lot in common except our sense of humor. He can be pretty humorless but he does have a good heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quantity of psychic tarot cards readers is considerably increasing around the world.

    ReplyDelete