Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Cards

Bill signing our Christmas cards 2011




Bill just finished signing our Christmas cards this morning, this year's Christmas cards are finished and ready to mail!

We don't put up a tree, we don't exchange Christmas presents.  This year we're not even putting up Christmas lights outside the house.  But I am sending Christmas cards.  I love sending Christmas cards!

I've been sending Christmas cards since I was about 13 or 14 years old.  Every year since then I've sent Christmas cards.  I send them to former co-workers, relatives, and former neighbors. This is how I keep in touch with old friends and relatives and those I care for with whom I am no longer geographically near.

Every year I look forward to choosing my new Christmas card.  For many years I included a professional photo of myself.  These years I make my own photo Christmas card.

Each year my Christmas card has grown.  This year is the first time it has reached 100.  I had to remove some names to keep it at 100.  I don't want to go over 100.




A note to those who receive a Christmas card from me and Bill, we don't expect to receive one in return.  I don't do "tit-for-tat."  I only send Christmas cards to those I care for to give them my best wishes during this holiday season.

Now to lick all those envelopes!


19 comments:

  1. Ron,

    Good grief, just moisten a small sponge. That's an awful lot of licking!

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lar,

    I think I'll take your suggestion about the small sponge. That is a LOT of licking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. anne marie in philly1:07 PM

    I would LOVE to send you a card; PM me your addy.

    there are also http://www.staples.com/Dab-n-Seal-2Go-Moistener-Pens-10-mL-2-Pack/product_862859

    I use these at work; no licking required! AND more sanitary too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would require a lot of tongue endurance.

    I think I'll just let that comment stay where I dropped it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will,

    Was that a tongue in cheek comment?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tip Anne Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ron,

    Of course what I have here is a thing called, Dab 'n' Roll envelope Moistener. You just squeeze and roll the top over the envelope flap and voila, all ready to seal.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lar,

    So you should be all ready to mail your Christmas cards out.........EARLY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a person who sends over 100 Christmas cards every year, I can tell you NOT to lick all those envelopes. You can get a paper cut on your tongue and that hurts! Use a damp sponge instead. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cards, and the assembly line!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so good.

    I used to always send out christmas cards on time.

    Then the next couple of years, they were sent out, but a few weeks late (for arrival in Jan/Feb).

    Then for the following couple of years after that, I would complete the cards and forget to send them out entirely.

    Then I moved to Australia and it all just got too complicated so I gave up.

    I should really start again, however it is too late now, by the time they left here and arrived in the US it will be Easter.

    Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mark,

    I'm going to take everyone's advice and NOT lick these envelopes. I've done it in the past and it takes about two days for the funny taste to go away.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hula Hank,

    So you live in Australia? I would love to know more about what it's really like to live in Australia. I'm always good about Christmas cards. The other Christmas traditions? Not so much but I do like to do Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Get on those cards Will!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is very commendable of you to send out christmas cards. I think you and my parents are the only ones left to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, life in Australia is pretty much how you would imagine it to be.

    Hats with corks hanging from the brim and safari shorts are all the rage.

    As for transport, everyone either rides on the back of a kangaroo or hitches a ride on a lavender bus filled with drag queens.

    Probably the same as in Delaware.

    Seriously, I'd be more than happy to tell you what it is really like.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dr. Spo,

    I love sending Christmas cards. It has been my tradition as long as I can remember. Probably from the time I was 13 or 14 years old. However, I think this year may be my last for several reasons, one being I may not be around next year. I have a feeling.

    ReplyDelete