Tuesday, October 25, 2011

New TV!

Bill at BJ's this morning wheeling out my birthday present


Well folks, I finally did it!  I got that 60 inch LCD TV!  You know what they say (yes, what "do they say?")  Well, I'll tell you.  You can never have too many inches!

Bill got me this TV for my upcoming 70th birthday.  This is Bill this morning at BJ's in Millsboro getting this monster out the door.  Did we ever have a time getting it in his Jeep Cherokee.  Now it is sitting in our living room, still in the box.  We'll tackle putting this baby together tomorrow.

I now have a 40 inch Samsung in my bedroom.  I'll give that TV to Bill and replace it with this 60 inch.  I didn't opt for the 3-D TV.  My brother Isaac has a 3-D TV which I watched a few weeks ago when I stayed at his place for my family reunion.  To me it's too much of a hassle to put those glasses on over my regular glasses.  Also, I don't like the darkness that 3-D has always displayed for  me.  I like my pictures bright.

With this TV I can stream movie directly from my Netflix account.  Also it has WI-FI so I guess I can access on this TV anything I can access on my computer.  We'll see.  There is a lot of overload on our old brains here.  We will tackle this baby tomorrow.  Of course now I need a new cool TV stand.

9 comments:

  1. Darn thats a big TV .... no glasses needed for sure ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite apart from the fact I don't think we actually have a house big enough for a 60" TV, there's no way Maggie could cope with it. I struggled to convince her we should get a 32" one earlier in the year, which she thought was too dominant in the living room :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. other than TWC, I don't think I have watched TV in years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bob Chambers4:57 AM

    My, my. Facebook is going to be coming live from your bedroom. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bob,
    Welcome to the Comment section of my blog. Now if I could only get my Oldie Goldie friends Bill B. and Don McK. to figure out how to use the Comments section instead of sending me separate e-mails to comment on my blog. I'm afraid that my good friends Bill and Don and of the "You can't teach old dogs new tricks" school. By the way, Bill K. and I are trying to setup the new TV now. This is a project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3rdnlong,

    You're right, I don't need glasses to watch this TV!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim,

    I didn't think a big screen TV would make that much difference in my life but I quickly got used to a 40 inch TV. Then I saw a 55 inch and I felt right at home. Then I saw a 60 inch and said "that's perfect!" I have it set up in my bedroom and it is PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bob,

    I had trouble setting up the Internet connection. I need a WI-FI booster. We're looking into it now. I'm looking forward to streaming my movies from Netflix just like your neighbor Mike does now. Ah, the life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dr. Spo,

    I watch the evening lineup on MSNBC and DWTS. Other than that, all my TV watching comes by way of DVD's I rent from Netflix. Now, hopefully, I can stream my movie selection from Netflix. I also rent old TV shows. The new comedies on TV? They're just not funny.
    And the drama shows? It's all about beautiful women holding a gun with both hands and shooting somebody. Same old, same old. Boring.

    ReplyDelete