Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall

Chrysanthemums out by our garage this afternoon


Fall, perhaps my favorite time of the year.  Maybe it's because my birthday falls this time of year.  Maybe it's because the air is a bit crisper and clearer than it is at any other time of the year.  Maybe it is the smell of autumn.  Whatever it is, I love this time of year.

I got a reprieve today, I don't have to go into work.  Viola!  A leisurely lunch, a nap then a walk then to take in my favorite TV shows.  I've been off schedule for the past two weeks.

I have to address another sympathy card.  A former classmate and a grade school buddy of mine died suddenly on Saturday.  His wife said he was short of breath.  He sat down and died.  Well, if you're going to go, that's the way to go.  Of course he was the same age as I am as was my former neighbor who died last Friday.  This is just another reminder of my mortality.  Make every day count.

7 comments:

  1. That really is the way to go.
    I am sorry for you loss, Ron.
    I'm sure that you have fond memories of him.
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:35 PM

    Hi Ron, I would like to give you unsolicited and unwanted advice. If you can afford it, why not go to Hopkins and get a second opinion before undergoing a biopsy? It's just a few hours drive for you, and Hopkins is the best in the world for urology and prostate cancer.
    It sounds like you have a good urologist in DE because he gave you the facts and didn't try to pressure you into a biopsy.
    Even if it takes you three months to see someone at Hopkins, does it matter if you delay the biopsy that may not even be necessary?
    Lynne in Annapolis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark,

    I have been working six days a week. What makes it even harder is that every day I don't know whether or not that I have to go in that day. I'm always "on call." I have to have a talk with my manager. This has to change. Like today, I was supposed to go in but he called me and said "Maybe you won't have to go in, I'll call you back." Then he calls back and says I don't have to go in but could I come in tomorrow and Thursday instead. I feel like a fireman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mark,

    Yeah, I have "fond" memories of him. I'll tell you sometime when I see you in person. Remember whenI said "there's always more to the story than I can write in my blog?" This is one of those instances.

    ReplyDelete
  6. anne marie in philly6:46 PM

    sorry for your loss, dear. live it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mums are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete