Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Sun is Out!


Glory be, the sun is out!  Just as I had hoped for, after the long, dark, windy, voice, fear filled night that was Hurricane Irene passing though here; the day after is a whole new day.  I know, a long sentence but you get the idea of what I'm trying to say.

What a wonderful feeling to feel the warmth of the sun's rays after last night.  I can hear the vehicles steaming again down Route 1 to Lewes, Rehoboth Beach, Bethany Beach, and Ocean City, Maryland.  Now that is a sound I am glad to hear again, life getting back to normal here on the Delmarva peninsula.

In fact, I am so enthused I'm going to go outside right now and do some yard work!


11 comments:

  1. I just came over to see how you survived the storm. My best friend said he has been without power in Deleware since midnight. I am glad you are faring better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All is fine here Kaishon. I'm looking forward to getting back to the normal routine again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so amazing that one minute there is a hurricane and a couple of hours later, everything is fine, except for some wind. Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nadege,

    Later in the day there wasn't even any wind! Amazing! It was so nice to hear traffic pouring down Rt. 1 again and people out and about in the neighborhood. Maybe events like this are God's way of reminding us to appreciate what we have and so often take for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to hear you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a Survivor. Now keep that up! m.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dr. Spo,

    Yes,I am very happy that Irene didn't do more damage. VERY HAPPY! That was a long night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mark,

    I survived Irene. Now for the next challenge. My PSA is still up. I have an appointment with my urologist in October. The Next Step. Always something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear that you two made it through the storm!

    P.S. When you're done with your yard, can you drive up and do mine? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ron,

    Well, caught up on your posts. Now I have to get back to my own.


    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mark,

    I love doing backyards. Of course I'll be right up!

    ReplyDelete